ask

by vitakuhar10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ask

★★★ Newbie

I have had sims 3 on my computer since forever today i wanted to play the again but i couldn't find my disc my last expansion is Island paradise so i would need this disc to run the game so I installed sims 3 island paradise on origin with a serial code which i still have but the game won't load when i click play origin closes but then it opens again and nothing happens. If anybody knows what am i supposed to do please help i would be very thankful.  

Message 1 of 3 (382 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ask

@vitakuhar10  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

Try registering all your packs, and especially the base game, in Origin.  Sometimes Origin won't let the game open if it doesn't detect a "valid" base game code, as in, one that's already registered to your account.

If that alone doesn't help, uninstall Island Paradise, remove the IP entry from your computer's registry, and download the pack via Origin.  You can use a tool like Piriform's CCleaner (free download) to clean the registry, or, if you're comfortable, you can do it yourself:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

(Look under how to manually uninstall, for PC/discs.)

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (352 Views)

All Replies

@vitakuhar10  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

Try registering all your packs, and especially the base game, in Origin.  Sometimes Origin won't let the game open if it doesn't detect a "valid" base game code, as in, one that's already registered to your account.

If that alone doesn't help, uninstall Island Paradise, remove the IP entry from your computer's registry, and download the pack via Origin.  You can use a tool like Piriform's CCleaner (free download) to clean the registry, or, if you're comfortable, you can do it yourself:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

(Look under how to manually uninstall, for PC/discs.)

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I will try thank you very much.

Message 3 of 3 (316 Views)