Re: all of my sims won't do their tasks

by crinrict

Original Post

all of my sims won't do their tasks

★★★ Newbie

Recently i have bought the city life expansion for sims 4. But now all of my sims won't do their tasks. The only thing they do is walk to the place their task is, but won't do anything else. I have tried updating the game. Switching from one sim to the other. And also the resetSim cheat. But nothing seems to be helping.

Message 1 of 6 (1,522 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Sterrre Are you using cc/mods in your game ?

Does it work if you play another household for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,493 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello Recently I have been having a similar problem but it is only certain tasks. For me it is cooking and bathing. 

Message 3 of 6 (1,458 Views)

Hero
@brittk45 Do they drop stuff, wave or just not do them ?

Did you check if there's something blocking and test if other houses have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,440 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Honestly it all depends, when they are trying to bath they wave or not do them, however when it is cooking they start it and than they just stop cooking. A new one that has popped up is when sims are painting they just stop. They can get and do all items because they or another sim in the household has done before. It is like one minute they can do it then the next minute they can’t.

No CC in game, only MCCC. Have uninstalled game and reinstalled it and still doing it.
Message 5 of 6 (1,422 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,416 Views)