Re: all of my save files are gone?

by iamthelaurs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

all of my save files are gone?

★★★ Newbie

Hello.

A few minutes ago, I opened The Sims 4 - once it had loaded, everything had reset. Not only had all my settings been changed to the default (Custom content off, Fullscreen mode on, etc.), but all of my save files and all of my items in the gallery had been erased.

When I visit the saves folder within the folder for The Sims 4, it is completely empty. This is extremely upsetting considering that I had 30+ saves, in addition to tons of items in The Gallery.

I have tried removing all CC from the file, in addition to rebooting my computer, and restarting both the game and Origin completely.

This is also strange because I opened and played Sims successfully less than two or three hours ago, and all my save files and gallery items were there.

Please, help!

Message 1 of 3 (329 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@aprilwv
If the game or computer would remove or delete the save files, your mods would be gone too, so this does not really make sense.

Could you search the computer for a folder called 'Saves' and see if you can find another one somewhere? Also, check your trash can.

You cal also search your computer for "slot_", and see if any files show up. those could be your missing save-files.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (315 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@aprilwv
If the game or computer would remove or delete the save files, your mods would be gone too, so this does not really make sense.

Could you search the computer for a folder called 'Saves' and see if you can find another one somewhere? Also, check your trash can.

You cal also search your computer for "slot_", and see if any files show up. those could be your missing save-files.

Message 2 of 3 (316 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I've just had a graphics card error and although that pop up has stopped all my saves were gone and the usual routes for saves were empty files. Thank you for letting us know what the save files start with! I've just found all of them in Documents\My Games\Electronic Arts\ The Sims 4\saves

Message 3 of 3 (294 Views)