Re: after I bought expansion packs my games don't save

by kreatora

Original Post

after I bought expansion packs my games don't save

★★★ Newbie

I bought expansion packs and had to restart the game so it would download. After that, every time I play, I save my game but when I go play again nothing saved and I have to start all over again and it keeps asking me if I want a tutorial. What can I do to fix it !!!! Help pleaseee

Message 1 of 2 (299 Views)

Re: after I bought expansion packs my games don't save

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Gabijucorrea

If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder - important.
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

If you don't have CC or mods delete this file and fix the game also. The game will create the same new file but without saved errors.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method

If it does not work then we'll try another method later

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag also?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply

As for the tutorial, unfortunately, it always shows if you start a new game. Even if you just want only enter to CAS. Maybe some new patch will fix it.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 2 (294 Views)