by Emmaehahne

Original Post

Re: adult sim read to child (sims 4)

★★ Novice

Thank you much, person!

Message 11 of 22 (2,590 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Finally! something that worked! I tried logging out, going to another location and coming back, nothing, I could not get anything to work! After selling a book case and purchasing it again I was both able to purchase a book and get it in my adults inventory so that I could choose read to child! YAY!

Message 12 of 22 (2,575 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, I was having the same issue with this, but I figured out how to solve it.

My adult sim is an author, and she wrote a children's book that I wanted her to read to/with her daughter. At first I thought I couldn't do it because my sim had written the book, and I thought it had to be a book included in the game already, but I found out otherwise. I had adopted the child, and even though it shows that you already have a high relationship between the parent(s) and the adopted child, you must give some sort of introduction to the child before reading to them (rude, friendly, funny). I'm not sure how it works if the adult sim actually had the child rather than adopting them though.

Message 13 of 22 (2,488 Views)

★ Apprentice

Recently, when I played the Goths, repurchasing all of the bookcases did not work.  I couldnt even move the books to the inventory because it claimed that the members of the household did not own them.  I even tried to reset the bookcases, using testing cheats, and to repair the game.  Neither of those worked.  The fix I did find, was to simply purchase a new book.  New books in the bookcase could be moved with the hand tool and either put in inventories or on surfaces.  The other books could not.  New books had the option to "read to...".

Message 14 of 22 (2,375 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks! I was having this issue and tried all other options, yours was the only one that worked!

Kitty_Simmer Standard smile

Message 15 of 22 (2,319 Views)

★ Novice

I ran into this problem as well, simple fix! When selecting the fense, there will be three options on the gray bar on the left of the box. They all have arrows pointing down under different versions of fense. Make sure you have the top one, or middle one selected. Otherwise it's deck fenseing! 

Message 16 of 22 (2,050 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Emmaehahne

What does fences have to do with reading a book to a child? Besides this thread is more than a year old and has an accepted solution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 17 of 22 (2,039 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

😂😂😂 I signed up to respond to a comment on a differ thread, but checked this one out earlier. Back space redirected me to account setup again, so I clicked a few more times to return to the thread. Apparently a bit too far, thanks for pointing that out! I'm gonna find the actual post I meant to comment on. Teaches me to make sure I'm on the right one! 

Message 18 of 22 (2,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Rather than start my own thread a google search bought up this. I also have this issue alothough my adult sim can read to child via book in inventory just fine. There is no open on any bookcase new or old. 

Everything suggested here has has not worked for me. It is not a huge issue as I’m still able to complete the aspiration but adding the option back shouldn’t be too hard, I’d gues! 

—T

Message 19 of 22 (1,902 Views)

@to7m seeing this is quite an old post, could you start your own?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 20 of 22 (1,880 Views)