adult sim read to child (sims 4)

by ContainedComa

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

adult sim read to child (sims 4)

★★★ Novice
I can't find a way to get an adult sim to read to a child which I need to do for a milestone in their aspiration.

Can someone help?
Message 1 of 22 (250,093 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: adult sim read to child (sims 4)

★★★ Newbie
I was having the same problem... With this and purchasing medicine on the computer.

The solution I found was to sell the computer/bookcase and purchase a new one and then the options appeared. Hope this helps

View in thread

Message 10 of 22 (272,908 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

I had this problem too but I figured it out eventually haha. Purchase a childrens book (hover over them and it will show the books genre) or if you already have a childrens book move it to the adults inventory. From the inventory when you click on it you have the option to read to a child :-)

Message 2 of 22 (249,888 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

How do you purchase a book and how do you get it into the adults inventory. I have children's books in the bookcases but I can't move them into an adult's inventory.

Message 3 of 22 (248,759 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If you have a bookcase, there is normally a child's book already on there e.g. Lord of the Swings. Take it from there and put it in your inventory.

Alternatively, if you don't have a bookcase, or want a larger selection of books, go to the computer and click purchase and the books. You can choose what you want then when you buy them they will be placed in your sim's inventory. Make sure you select children's books though if you want to be able to read them to a child! Standard smile

Hope I helped!

Message 4 of 22 (248,749 Views)

★★ Novice
I tried this but it doesn't give me the option to read to child. ?
Message 5 of 22 (247,412 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I assume the children are on your lot, right ?

You do have to put a childrens's book in your inventory. Only works with those

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (247,411 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes my sim has 3 children and children's book in parent inventory. I even tried them sitting next to each other on couch and still no option.
Message 7 of 22 (247,407 Views)

Hero

Sounds like a glitch. Can you try traveling to another lot, then come back and try again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (247,405 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

There are currently 3 ways to initiate reading to a child or children (yes you can read to more than one see below).

Bookshelf

- Click on the bookshelf and choose Open, From there you want to select the book and choose Read to Child...

Inventory

- Open your inventory and click on the book and choose Read to Child...

Book out on object

- Click on the book and choose Read to Child...

The next thing you will see is a popup with the children that are near you. You can select more than 1 child and read to many at once I tested it and a family of 1 adult and 7 children the adult read to all 7 of them at once. Once you use the checkmark to confirm the children selected the option will que to begin.

If the adult is busy doing something the children may start a task as they will not gather with the adult until the action is started by the adult. The childrens books themselves are the white books with a purple design on them that looks like an octupus.

Message 9 of 22 (247,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I was having the same problem... With this and purchasing medicine on the computer.

The solution I found was to sell the computer/bookcase and purchase a new one and then the options appeared. Hope this helps
Message 10 of 22 (272,909 Views)