activation issue

by angelaaabaldock

Original Post

activation issue

★★★ Newbie

HELP!

I have previously installed and played my Sims 4 game, Its been about 4 months since I last played and everything worked fine, Now its saying that I need to activate the game to my EA account, so I out the code in and it says its already in use. But of course its already in use because I submitted it the first time I played the game.

Please help I just want to play my game  Frown

Message 1 of 4 (185 Views)

Re: activation issue

★★★ Expert

Make sure you are logged in to Origin with the EMAIL ADDRESS, not username, the game is registered to. Games can only be registered to ONE email address and, you need to be logged in to Origin with that email address to play.

Message 2 of 4 (179 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The email address is the same, but ive just realised that it doesn't appear under the "My Games" title, Ive installed it and played previously but it still wont accept the code. should I uninstall the game and try again?

Message 3 of 4 (177 Views)

★★★ Expert

No, don't uninstall the game. It's probably a cache issue so just Clear you Origin Cache Files.

See if that works. If it doesn't for some reason, You will need to Contact An Advisor.

If you have to contact them, be sure to tell them what you have done and, have your account details ready as well as be ready to get an email that you will need to use to verify ownership of your account - that just makes it faster for them.

Message 4 of 4 (169 Views)