a serious error occurred while loading (name). we strongly recommend restarting the application.

by YOLANDAKER

Original Post

Re: a serious error occurred while loading (name). we strongly recommend restart

★ Novice

I know this is an old thread but I thought it might help as the same thing just happened to me. The World files had become corrupted so I went into the installed worlds files and deleted them and downloaded fresh ones as the ones that were corrupt were all store worlds or ones that came with expansions ( I had to reinstall the expansions to get a new copy of the world but I'm sure there is a better way). 

Message 11 of 24 (2,525 Views)

Re: a serious error occurred while loading (name). we strongly recommend restart

★ Novice

This didn’t work for when what it did do is erase everything I worked for! I’m not experienced it comes to files and what no but you had exact directions that I followed, copied the back up and all it did was erase my game!

Message 12 of 24 (2,205 Views)

@NGJB1  What exactly did you do?  As long as you didn't delete any files—overwrite them or put them in the recycle bin and empty it—you should be able to recover your save data.  If you let me know what you've done, I can try to help you reverse it.

Please also let me know what the issue was in the first place.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 24 (2,198 Views)

★ Novice

No I absolutely erased some files lol. I copied my backup over the original game and erased the backup. Then it was gone idk. I had progressed very far so I was a little upset. What happened was I was playing and for some reason my sims were no longer able to interact with anything like the beds or restrooms, they just walked around trying to talk to each other and it wouldn’t allow, so like a dummy I saved and quit thinking maybe since I had been playing for a very long time it needed a break. So when I logged out and then logged back in I wasn’t able to. So everything is gone now…. I mean everything all other games as well it made me start new like I just bought the game.

Message 14 of 24 (2,173 Views)

@NGJB1  I'm sorry to hear that.  If you need help going forward and you post again, I'll try to help.

In general, it's a good idea to use "save as" and rename your saves so you have backup copies lying around in case you need them.  For example, I use "save as" at least once a sim-day, and I delete the oldest backups, all but the last 4 to 6, every few days once I know I won't be needing them.  I've reverted to previous saves on several occasions for various reasons, and although it's annoying to lose 30-90 minutes of playtime, it's not nearly as bad as losing the whole save.

Message 15 of 24 (2,159 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I'm having this problem after installing island paradise
Message 16 of 24 (1,840 Views)

@tottie1987  Are you getting exactly the same error as the original poster?  If not, please write out the text of the error or post a screenshot.

Please also move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it, at least not yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save.  Let me know either way.  And let me know what kind of install this is—Origin, disc, Steam, or something else—as well.

Message 17 of 24 (1,828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictHey, I'm having exactly the same error as the original poster and none of the solutions have worked for me so far :c This began after I installed and started using the new EA App Beta, supposedly to replace Origin. What do I do?

Message 18 of 24 (1,701 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictNever mind my earlier reply. I deleted the cursed EA App Beta and now everything works perfectly again.

Message 19 of 24 (1,693 Views)

@elinilova  I'm not surprised, and going back to Origin would have been my first suggestion as well.  The EA App barely runs current games properly, let alone those that are no longer in development.

Message 20 of 24 (1,679 Views)