Re: "Your download has been Paused."

★★★★★ Newbie

Which method did you use? I am facing the same problem

Message 31 of 42 (1,021 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Aubreigh 

@mk_foxx 

Have you tried all the methods mentioned above by the hero puzzlezaddict? It worked in identical cases.

https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

However in some cases, when installing or attempting to play, the game will ask you to grant access to the Documents folder. If you accidentally didn't grant this access, go to System Preferences -> Protection and Privacy -> Files and Folders, then find "The Sims 4" in the list and mark there the Documents folder to share this game folder.

I don't work for EA

Message 32 of 42 (990 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Try disable Origin Client Service in the Services Control Panel or using msconfig. That temporary solved the problem for people that recently had trouble downloading anything with Origin.

It is caused by the Origin client can't communicate successfully with OriginClientService.exe which is supposed to run as a service using System account.

If you disable that service, Orign client will ask for your permission to grant it access to create and write folder/files. And that'll allow games or update to download and install.

This is probably work until next Origin update.

Message 33 of 42 (979 Views)

★★ Novice

I ended up contacting EA and they sent me to an alternative link to download Origin. When I reinstalled it via the link EA staff gave me, I had no problems at all and am currently playing. I think it was an issue when Windows 10 most recently updated, but I don't know for sure. Everything is good now, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way :D 

Message 34 of 42 (970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

What is the alternative link that you use to download? And what version is your Origin client? I tried version 10.5.41 and that "fixed" the problem but then next time I start the Origin client, it'll ask for update and can't only run in offline mode without updating.

If I let it update, the problem is back. After updating, the version changed into 10.5.56 which has the problem on my home PC.

I noticed that on my laptop that was ok with 10.5.56, the current version is now up dated to 10.5.57 so I'll see if 10.5.57 still have the same problem or not later with my home PC.

Message 35 of 42 (965 Views)

★★ Novice
@VRaverna Appreciate your help but Sims4 will still not update properly
Message 36 of 42 (877 Views)

Re: 'Your Download has paused.' Origin won't update game

★★ Novice
Appreciate your help with this issue but so far all is unsuccessful Sims4 will still not update properly
Message 37 of 42 (822 Views)

@daray636  Clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Reboot, then before you open Origin, hit Windows key-R and enter "services.msc" without quotes.  Scroll to where Origin Client Service and Origin Web Helper Service are listed, and for each one, double-click, select "Disabled" under Startup Type, and click Apply.

In Origin, right-click on the Sims 4 icon in your game library and select Repair, and try to update once it's finished.

If the above doesn't work, clear your cache again, then uninstall Origin only (not your games) "the hard way" and reinstall.  Check Windows services again once you've reinstalled, and disable the two services again if necessary.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

If that doesn't work either, you can try a legacy version of Origin instead.  It's being phased out in a couple of weeks, but it may allow you to download the Sims 4 update now.  And by the time it stops working, hopefully these download issues will have been sorted out.  Here's the direct download link:

https://origin-a.akamaihd.net/Origin-Client-Download/origin/live/OriginSetup_10_5_41_27263.exe

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 38 of 42 (2,745 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I will try this ASAP! Thank you!
Message 39 of 42 (796 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank worked! Thank you!
Message 40 of 42 (777 Views)