'Your Download has paused.' Origin won't update game

by daray636

Original Post

Re: sims 4 update issues

★ Apprentice

Is there a way to play without updating for now?

Message 20 of 42 (614 Views)

@cheeseyname and @seafaeriie  Try a clean boot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

The lack of a permission prompt is a known issue, and EA_Tom is looking into it.  Regardless of whether the clean boot works, it would be helpful if you could generate an Origin error report and post the report number in the master thread for this issue.  More instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Origin-Client-Your-download-has-been-paused-Wa...

And yes, you can play without updating.  Take your computer completely offline (i.e. disable wifi and/or unplug the ethernet cable), then open Origin, which should automatically put itself in offline mode.  If this doesn't work, keep your computer offline, but launch directly from TS4_x64.exe or TS4.exe.  You'll still need to sign into Origin, but after you do so, the game should start.  Here's the usual path to each file:

Program files (86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

Program files (86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin_LE

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 42 (576 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you, the clean boot did eventually work and I am having the regular post-update bugs now, which is better than before. Already generated my Origin error report and will head over to post the report number for EA_Tom Standard smile
Message 22 of 42 (572 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you so much for your help!!!
I can't do the clean as I am on windows 8
I hope they can fix this soon and I will play offline

Message 23 of 42 (560 Views)

@cheeseyname  The clean boot process should be the same, or close to the same, anyway.  Here's the Microsoft article for clean booting in Windows 8 and 8.1:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Message 24 of 42 (556 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for your help Standard smile 

Message 25 of 42 (545 Views)

Re: Update won’t go through

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm also having this same problem since the TS4 update 2 days ago.  There was another update today but still can't update the game in Origin.  It's annoying because now I can't play.

20min later:

Well I tried the clean boot thing although I only disabled the Origin-related stuff and it seems to be working.  I did choose to run Origin as administrator.  It's at 70% downloaded now so hopefully that'll take care of it (especially since I've got Discover University on order & it'll be here later this week!).

Message 26 of 42 (583 Views)

Re: 'Your Download has paused.' Origin won't update game

@daray636  Try a clean boot:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10

But you might only need to disable Origin Client Service and Origin Web Helper Service, not all the other apps listed.

Message 28 of 42 (811 Views)

Re: 'Your Download has paused.' Origin won't update game

★★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem. I did the clean reinstall and got Origin downloaded, but now, none of the games will download because it's giving me the "waiting for permission" error message even though I have no firewalls up and no pop-ups coming up for me to approve. 

Message 29 of 42 (800 Views)

Re: I can’t reinstall sims 4. I keep getting errors

★★ Novice

I am having the same problems, and the Origin error message keeps saying "Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose "Yes" when Windows prompts you for permission." I don't have any firewalls up for this to be happening, I'm running Origin as the administrator, and I'm not getting any pop-ups to select "Yes" to. 

This is happening after I've unistalled Origin the hard way and reinstalled it hoping the issues would fix, yet I'm still having this problem. I've also uninstalled MSI Afterburner, too, when seeing in another post that this could be causing issues. 

Message 30 of 42 (789 Views)