Re: You must have The Sims 4 registered to your EA account to access online feat

by patzthey

Original Post

Re: You must have The Sims 4 registered to your EA account to access online feat

★★★★★ Novice

Oh wow, @Csdream02 you're a lifesaver!! Party hat It's working now, which is weird because I tried to solve this problem by logging out and back in before. It must've been because I opened it from Origin first this time. Has this worked for anyone else?

Message 21 of 32 (1,498 Views)

EA Sims Team

@BASS-TZAR-RUN @patzthey @Csdream02 @crinrict @nandafr @captianfabulous @notsosmallfry @vanessamarieb_13

We made a change to fix this.

Please let me know if you are still seeing issues.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 22 of 32 (5,858 Views)

★★ Novice

Working for me too Standard smile. thaks

Message 23 of 32 (1,483 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh my gosh, @Csdream02, thank you so much ! I just tried what you said and it worked perfectly. :eahigh_file: Thanks a bunch !!

Message 24 of 32 (1,474 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for working on this. Appreciate it!

Message 25 of 32 (1,465 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yay! Sry about the late reply but I've been playing since, lol!  Glad to hear that worked for ya'll and ::it was fixed:: Wink 

Message 26 of 32 (1,445 Views)

EA Sims Team

@alltheangels_x @patzthey @Csdream02 @nanda-fr @captianfabulous @notsosmallfry @vanessamarieb_13

Hello again Standard smile

My team has been trying to track down why only certain users were affected by this issue.

If any of you would be willing to provide some additional details, it would be greatly appreciated.

• How did you acquire The Sims 4?
    • Was it a digital download purchase through the Origin client?  Origin.com?  Thesims.com?  A different website?  Or was it a retail box copy?
    • Did you have to enter a code to redeem the game?
      • If so, where did you enter the code?  (Please provide specific details if possible.)
      • Did you have an online connection when redeeming the code?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 27 of 32 (1,415 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I bought a physical copy at my local Wal-Mart. I had the game already installed on my computer - as I had played the free trial through Origins. I put the code into the Origins loader, and I was connected through the internet. I hope I'm being clear enough about this, if you need further clarification, let me know.

Message 28 of 32 (1,410 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
my experience was pretty much the same as @patzthey's
Message 29 of 32 (1,401 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

@patzthey @BASS-TZAR-RUN

Thank you, this is helpful.

Did you enter the code through the Origin client by selecting "Redeem Product Code"?  Was it was this UI?

EDIT: Never mind, we think we figured it out.  Thanks again!

Redeem Product Code 1.JPG

Message 30 of 32 (1,393 Views)