You already have all the games in this order

by mountiezane

Original Post

Re: What does "you already have all the games in this order" mean?

@MagicVioletCandy  I've moved your post to the thread that's collecting current reports of this issue.  It would be helpful if you could click Me Too in the first post, to let EA know you're affected as well, and list which pack(s) you can't buy.  You'll also notice that the poster above you was able to get around the issue by buying a pack from another source and registering it in Origin.  If you're interested, here's a list of authorized sellers of EA games:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 79 (1,095 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you so much for help! I had a discount code for the expansion pack I was trying to purchase, Into the Future. I guess I wouldn't be able to use that?
Message 22 of 79 (1,088 Views)

@MagicVioletCandy  No, you wouldn't be able to use that code if you bought Into the Future elsewhere.  Have you tried to buy the pack through Origin's website, rather than the Origin app?  I'm not sure whether it would make any difference, but you can always try.  And you should be able to use your discount code there.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-3/expansion/the-sims-3-into-the-future

The other possibility is that perhaps someone else among your family or friends has an Origin account and can buy ITF as a gift for you (and use the discount code), and then you could pay them back.

Message 23 of 79 (1,071 Views)

★★★ Novice
Unfortunately I have tried that. While I don't have any friends with origin accounts, if I created a new account to purchase the game as a gift for my current account, would that have the same effect?
Message 24 of 79 (1,067 Views)

@MagicVioletCandy  Honestly, I have no idea.  You could always try it, if you're willing to input your credit card information again.  But you might get the same message when you try to gift as you're seeing right now.  I'm really just throwing suggestions out there because no one has managed to solve this issue so far, except for the one poster who bought an EP from a different source.

Message 25 of 79 (1,061 Views)

Re: You already have all the games in this order

★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue, too. When I try to buy Into the Future but I'm getting the same error message. Twitter didn't really help, but they said they'll try to figure it out. And I chatted with a EA rep last night and they sent me an email with instructions to clear the cache, which I've done twice now and it didn't fix it either. I also had this problem back in February and I know they fixed it eventually! So I have hope in that. Just seeing that this thread is 3 weeks old is kind of a bummer though. It's sorta buckwild that in the year 2018 I can't buy a five year old game on demand...I've been so spoiled. 😂  Hopefully it gets fixed soon! 

Message 26 of 79 (1,032 Views)

@starlysh  I hope it gets fixed soon, too.  But until EA offers a solution, the only thing that's confirmed to work is purchasing the pack from another source and registering it in Origin.  This did work for one poster in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/You-already-have-all-the-games-in-this-order/m-p/7135530#M23281...

If you're interested, here's a list of authorized sellers of EA games:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

Message 27 of 79 (1,025 Views)

★ Novice

I am also having this issue.  Trying to purchase Island Paradise and University Life.  

Message 28 of 79 (1,010 Views)

★ Novice

I Just tried to order university Life, and got the "You already have all the games in this order" error as well. I am really shocked this issue hasn't been fixed by now ! 

Message 29 of 79 (903 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue, with the University Life expansion pack. I purchased Seasons a few weeks ago without any problems. I tried to buy it on Steam as well, figuring I could use the activation code on Origin, but Steam won't let me buy it unless I buy the base game from them as well, since Steam can't recognize Origin games (even though I added TS3 to my Steam library).

Message 30 of 79 (845 Views)