Re: The Sims 3 OriginDownload Error - "you already have all the games in th

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: The Sims 3 OriginDownload Error - "you already have all the games in th

@SprngHlJn  I totally understand why you'd be hesitant to buy the packs; I'd worry about it too.  Hopefully there will be an answer soon, but in the meantime, there really isn't much anyone can do.

(On the other hand, if you did buy the packs and they somehow didn't get added to your account, you could always contact EA customer support to ask for a refund.  That, at least, is something support can do.  So you'd be trading an as yet unsolveable problem for one that can more easily be fixed.)

Anyway, if and when we get a good answer, I'll be sure to update this thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 79 (1,465 Views)

Re: What does "you already have all the games in this order" mean?

★ Novice

I have the most recent update and I am still getting this error message.

please give instructions on how to force download via origin or provide a link to download the sims university life

Message 12 of 79 (1,479 Views)

★★★ Novice
same thing for me! I'm trying to get into the future and my origin is updated and it is not letting me download it.
Message 13 of 79 (1,457 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ztshuman1  @GraceLoveXO  I've moved both of your posts because the issue was solved but resurfaced recently, and this thread is the most current accounting of the problem this time around.  So far, there's no good solution, although you're welcome to follow CMeki's suggestion and purchase either a disc copy or a digital version from another (non-Origin) source.  Then you could register the code(s) in Origin, and the idea is that the pack(s) would be added to your Origin library.  But I have to note that there's no guarantee it would work, as no one has tried it and reported back, at least this time around.

Of course, if this problem does get solved, I'll update this thread.

Here's a list of trusted third-party retailers of EA games.  Please keep in mind that while Amazon Direct is on the list, the third-party sellers you find in Amazon Marketplace most certainly are not.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

Message 14 of 79 (1,437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi @puzzlezaddict @ztshuma @GraceLoveXO !
I am still getting the error " you already have all the games in this order" if I try to buy and download the games via origin so instead I thought I would try and purchase one from my local games store to enter the code manually and I can confirm that I have successfully downloaded the game this way.

Just a pain that you have to find a store that stocks the Sims 3 games.

But it is a temporary solution to be able to play the game ASAP

Hope this helps someone!

Message 15 of 79 (1,429 Views)

@keeleymillerr  Thank you for sharing; this is definitely useful information for those who have other places to buy games.

Players can buy from other online retailers as well, particularly Amazon Direct, and receive game codes.  (Again, don't buy from Marketplace, where a third-party seller may well offer used or stolen codes.)  Steam also sells TS3 and provides codes to be registered in Origin, but you first need to own the base game in Steam to be able to buy packs.

Message 16 of 79 (1,418 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem now, in ultimo november. Is there anything to do except wait for origin to be patched?

Message 17 of 79 (1,369 Views)

@hundetossen  I've moved your post to the recent thread about this issue, since the previous iteration of the problem was solved months ago.  For now, try clearing Origin's cache, and if that doesn't help, uninstalling and reinstalling Origin itself, which wouldn't affect your installed games.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

If these steps don't work, please post back listing the pack(s) that Origin won't let you buy.

Message 18 of 79 (1,348 Views)

★★★ Novice

The advice of @puzzlezaddict filled me with determination, so I went ahead and purchased Island Paradise through the Origin Client, even though Origin said I already owned 1 game in my purchase (fearing it might think the DLC was a gift and not link it to my account).  And, it seems to have worked!  The option changes in my Origin client from Buy to Buy as gift, it appears in my library when I look at Expansion Packs for The Sims 3, and content for Island Paradise appears when I boot the game.  So, if you have a slight variation of this problem, that when attempting to buy Island Paradise from the Origin client and it tells you "You already have 1 game in this order" and then gives you the option to Purchase anyway or Cancel, purchasing anyway, at least for me, worked as it should, adding the game to my account.  Hope this helps someone!

Message 19 of 79 (1,340 Views)

★★★ Novice

I contacted EA and they said this is still an issue nine months later, with the newest patch.

Message 20 of 79 (1,277 Views)