by aidreaurel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Yamachan not appearing…

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be in any of the Mt. Komorebi neighborhoods and expect to Yamachan visits near the statue during the day.
What happens when the bug occurs? Yamachan not appearing despite it's enable their visits.
What do you expect to see? Yamachan not appearing despite it's enable their visits, no matter if you turn off and on the toggle via the Yamachan statue, it's like Yamachan is not summoned by the game or something.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.68.154.1220

I noticed because Yamachan is literally my favorite mascot ever in the Sims 4 and during this week I remember saw it a few times, few selfies and so, but since this update: 

1.68.154.1220 Yamachan didn't appear at all!… I'm worried because I just being updating and being very careful with it, so I don't know what's happening, usually the Sims 4 is very stable for me.

Ps. In case anyone has any questions I tried all, really: turn off/on the toggle in the statue, start a new safe, see if Yamachan is in one of my family bins, lock doors, unlock doors, see the door allowance of event NPC, checking if there was any conflicting NAPs, disable NAPs, see if there was any conflict with any holiday (as if), use the game with mods, without mods and nothing, Yamachan remains missing!

#FreeYamachan2020

Message 1 of 7 (2,096 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Yamachan not appearing…

Hero
@aidreaurel I haven't really had a chance to play since the newest patch but as there haven't been any other votes yet, I'm not sure what's going on then.

Guess will wait for others to shed some light if they have the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (2,039 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@aidreaurel Even during festivals ?

If you start a new save for testing, does he also not appear ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,080 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

He didn’t appear in any festival, indeed I noticed because it was the Festival of Youth and nothing, and no, it didn’t appear in the new save… Frown

Message 3 of 7 (2,072 Views)

Hero
@aidreaurel Did you try a game repair and delete localthumbcache after removing mod ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (2,067 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I repair my game when I updated it and deleted all the caches as usual when I take mods out

Message 5 of 7 (2,056 Views)

Hero
@aidreaurel I haven't really had a chance to play since the newest patch but as there haven't been any other votes yet, I'm not sure what's going on then.

Guess will wait for others to shed some light if they have the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (2,040 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well, this is a follow-up, but for the TL;DR: IT'S SOLVED, you need to repair your game, change to English if you play in other language on the launch game settings, run the sims, quit, and change the language again if you don't play in English!

That's it, it was the last resource and apparently worked… and yes, I finally took a selfie with Yamachan once more.

#YamachanWasFreed

Message 7 of 7 (2,009 Views)