Re: Logging into the Sims 3

by RadioMan71

Original Post

Re: Invalid email/password error

@LadyAngelchan  I've moved your post to the most current thread covering this issue.  TS3 game login issues do happen from time to time, but they usually get resolved relatively quickly.  This thread will be updated when there's a fix.

In the meantime, EA_Mai has requested some information to help solve the issue.  Please see her post here for more details:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Wrong-email-password/m-p/7199188#M233273

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 31 of 53 (785 Views)

Re: Wrong email/password

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello,

I had reported this problem before on the last thread (three weeks ago to be exact) and it got fixed by EA the first time but now the problem came back. I bring up the launcher, start the game but then when I get to the main menu page it won't log on. I tells me that either my email or my password is invalid. Same old, same old problem as before. Just as before I can play the game as long as I play offline. But this time there is something new. The launcher's welcome page is blank and just has a blue color.

I was very surprised. The game was working just fine after EA fixed it. What happened? Wondering

Message 32 of 53 (782 Views)

@nycbigl  Yes, these issues have surfaced yet again (surprise).  EA_Mai is working on the issue, as you've seen.  Could you please edit your post to remove that personal information and send it to her by private message instead?  It would be better to not leave it posted on a public forum.  (If you'd prefer, or if I don't hear back by the time I go to bed, I'll remove it and send it to EA_Mai myself, so don't worry too much about it.)

Message 33 of 53 (764 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddictSorry to bother you again, but I can find my game folder, almost all what is in it and I think you are right about this somehow.  I can find the download folder, but it feels like the folder where this stuff is installed was moved, because it's definately not inside the game folder.  I also can't find the saves folder, but I will quickly post a quick screenshot with all the folders here, just so that you or anybody else can compare it to their own.  If the folders where the store items are installed and where my save games are kept are still in there could anybody please tell me what they are, thank you very much.

Message 34 of 53 (754 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just a quick note, I did find the save folder, but not where the store items get installed.

Message 35 of 53 (753 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you, Puzzlezaddict. I had removed my information. I didn't remember how I gave it to you guys the first time. Oops Once you said it I went back to my inbox and reply to her last message to me. I gave her my information again that way and told her about the issue arising yet again.

Hope all will be fixed soon. EA did a great job of fixing it the first time. Seriously, they did. I was so happy when I saw how well the game was working. That's why I was so baffled to see it happening again.

Message 36 of 53 (741 Views)

@RadioMan71  Your saves are stored in the folder titled Saves; each save has its own folder with a handful of files inside.  Your store content is bundled into .ebc files, and your custom content into .dbc files, both in DCCache.  For premium store content to work, you also need your ccmerged.package file from DCBackup.

But again, the best way to troubleshoot is to pull the entire TS3 folder and all its contents—everything you see in that screenshot—out of Documents at once.  Don't just move one of the folders inside, remove the entire thing.  Then launch the game again, quit, install a store item, and load a new save to see if that item appears in-game.  If one of your .ebc files is corrupt, or your ccmerged.package, that would explain how some of your store content keeps disappearing.  If that's the case, you'd have to rebuild a significant portion of your store content anyway, so you might as well experiment with a clean folder.

I did want to clarify:  When you play while offline, you won't see the items from the in-game shopping experience.  This is not the same as having your store content removed from your game folder.  I always play with this shopping feature turned off; it's not necessary to buy store content or to make it work.

Message 37 of 53 (733 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I deleted the entire game folder, except the save folder this time, downloaded and installed the sims 3 store items and the game allowed me to login again, so I'm playing right now, too afraid to even close the game, but yeah I know I eventually should have to do that.  Atleast ea is working on a solution, so maybe the next time the game allows me to login normally.  @puzzlezaddict  I believe you were right that my game folder got corrupted somehow, I can't test the store issue right now, well don't want to test it, because that means restarting the game and don't want to do that now, now everything is working as it should.

Message 38 of 53 (725 Views)

★ Guide

Tried moving the EA sims 3 file and starting the game, the launcher appears but still with the web page error on the welcome screen. The game loads just can't log in.

Message 39 of 53 (704 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I think the welcome screen not showing is an internet explorer problem, my guess is to look into that, clear internet explorer cache and such.

I had it working with deleting the game folder, but only for that single instance you boot up the game, but I don't fully believe that the store issue is due to corrupted files but if it is corrupted, I really would like to know what is corrupting it after a single restart.

Message 40 of 53 (695 Views)