Re: Logging into the Sims 3

by RadioMan71

Original Post

EA app Team
Hi @silverwood02,

Sorry to hear that, let's try to find out what happened there.

Could you take a screenshot of your screen when the error message shows for us? This is in the game launcher, right?

Can you see the DLCs as installed in Origin? And in the game launcher?

Thanks,
-Mai
Message 21 of 53 (856 Views)

[ Edited ]

@silverwood02  The launcher occasionally doesn't load properly; this could be random, or maybe due to someone trying to fix the login issues.  (I have no idea.)  I wouldn't worry about it unless continues to not work.

For the packs not loading, try clearing Origin's cache.  If that doesn't help, you can uninstall and reinstall Origin itself (the hard way), which wouldn't affect your installed games.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Edit:  Or what EA_Mai said.  That's a good way to go.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 53 (855 Views)

★ Guide

Ok just tried again, still dont have the correct launcher, but the addons are there, they had unchecked themselves!

Screenshot attached.

Keith

Message 23 of 53 (843 Views)

@silverwood02  It's strange that the launcher isn't working for you.  I just tried it myself, and it loaded correctly, so the problem doesn't look like it's on EA's end.

Maybe try clearing IE's cache again, but before you launch, pull your TS3 game folder out of Documents.  This is where your saves are, as well as any other content you've created and added, but maybe one of the files inside is corrupt.  When you launch the game again, it will spawn a clean folder with no content.  If the launcher loads, you can move your saves, store stuff, and everything else you care about into the new folder from the old one, but you'll leave stale caches behind.

Here's an explanation of all the files in your game folder:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

Message 24 of 53 (831 Views)

★★ Novice

I dont have internet explorer on my computer. I use google chrome.

Message 25 of 53 (819 Views)

★★ Apprentice
if you click start, and then start typing the word internet it should show up internet explorer. Basically if you run a windows computer starting with windows 95 with the plus expansion pack until windows 10 you have Internet explorer.
Message 26 of 53 (804 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Myrielli  If you have a Windows computer you should have IE of some version. Windows 10 uses Edge by default but if you search for IE, IE 11 should still be there. The game uses IE API's to communicate. It does not matter what browser you use, the game will still use IE.

Message 27 of 53 (804 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict  If I don't login all the purchases I made in the sims 3 store definately dissapeared for me.  I just tested this myself and I purchased about 400 items in the shop, so it's a lot to download and install every time I try this (over 5 GB)  But yeah it gets deleted somewhere during the time the game is loading.  If this shouldn't happen something even worse is going on here.

Message 28 of 53 (798 Views)

@RadioMan71  This still sounds to me like either game folder corruption or a removal of the folder into which the store content has been added.  This is why I suggested pulling the entire folder out of Documents and letting the game spawn a clean one, then installing an item into that folder to test.  Please also make sure that OneDrive is deactivated; if it's uploading your TS3 folder, that would explain how the store content keeps disappearing.

Message 29 of 53 (793 Views)

Re: Invalid email/password error

★ Apprentice

Though I been having the same problem but the question is 'why'.

Message 30 of 53 (785 Views)