Re: Would this computer run sims 3 and expansions?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Would this computer run sims 3 and expansions?

Message 1 of 4 (574 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Would this computer run sims 3 and expansions?

@JonnyDoATumblr  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 section.

If you're asking whether this computer would run Sims 3 at all, then yes.  But it wouldn't run the game very well.  It doesn't have a dedicated graphics card, which is the most important component for TS3 if you want to play with any of the most demanding expansions: Pets, Seasons, then Into the Future and Island Paradise.  You'd need to play on low or at most medium settings, and even that might be enough to produce delays in rendering and other inconveniences.

If you're looking to buy a computer that would handle Sims 3 well, I can help you look for one.  But while I don't know the Australian market very well, I would guess that it would cost you more than $650.  Still, if you let me know your budget, I can see what's out there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (561 Views)

will these specs run the sims 3 smoothly?

★ Novice

Operating system: Windows 10 home 64

Memory: 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)

Memory and storage: 8 GB memory; 1 TB HDD storage

Internal Storage: 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA

Processor family: Intel Pentium processor

Processor: Intel Pentium Silver J5005 (1.5 GHz base frequency, up to 2.8 GHz burst frequency, 4 MB cache, 4 cores)

Graphics (integrated): Intel UHD Graphics 605

Message 3 of 4 (573 Views)

Re: will these specs run the sims 3 smoothly?

@JonnyDoATumblr  I merged your more recent post with your earlier one.  It's best to keep a single discussion to one thread.

No, this one wouldn't work either.  It also doesn't have a dedicated graphics card, and its processor is also too weak to effectively run much more than the base game and maybe a couple of early packs, but even that would be pushing it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (533 Views)