Would this PC run the sims 4?

by CloMichelle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Would this PC run the sims 4?

★★ Novice

I want to be able to play the sims 4 with all packs, cc and mods on the all the highest settings smoothly. If not could you please give me suggestions, because I’m not very good with this stuff lol. Thanks!

https://www.fruugo.ie/fierce-exile-gaming-pc-fast-amd-athlon-x4-950-40ghz-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-gtx-1050-2...

Message 1 of 7 (302 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Would this PC run the sims 4?

Champion (Retired)

That would work very well also with other more demanding 3D games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (253 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

That should work fine for the Sims 4. If you want to play other recent 3D games it might struggle a bit depending on the game and your expectations. It fits in the budget class as you can see below.

Look for specs like these:

High end

CPU = Intel I5/I7 generation 7 or better AMD Ryzen 8 or better
RAM = 8GB DDR4 or more
HDD = 250GB SSD with secondary HDD for storage.
Graphics = Geforce 1060 6GB or equivalent AMD card

Budget

CPU = Intel I5/I7 generation 5 or better I3 generation 8 AMD Ryzen 5 or better
RAM = 8GB DDR4
HDD = 1TB Hybrid drive
Graphics = Geforce 1050 or Geforce 1060 3GB or equivalent AMD card

If you find one you like and want an opinion feel free to post a link. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (285 Views)

★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen wrote:

That should work fine for the Sims 4. If you want to play other recent 3D games it might struggle a bit depending on the game and your expectations. It fits in the budget class as you can see below.

Look for specs like these:

High end

CPU = Intel I5/I7 generation 7 or better AMD Ryzen 8 or better
RAM = 8GB DDR4 or more
HDD = 250GB SSD with secondary HDD for storage.
Graphics = Geforce 1060 6GB or equivalent AMD card

Budget

CPU = Intel I5/I7 generation 5 or better I3 generation 8 AMD Ryzen 5 or better
RAM = 8GB DDR4
HDD = 1TB Hybrid drive
Graphics = Geforce 1050 or Geforce 1060 3GB or equivalent AMD card

If you find one you like and want an opinion feel free to post a link. 

Thanks for your reply! I do plan on playing other games as well. In your opinion would it be better to buy one ready to go or get one built? I feel like having one built would be the better option but I’m so bad when it comes to this stuff I wouldn’t know what to choose. 

Message 3 of 7 (270 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I always build my own desktop computer but then I'm an expert. If you know an expert on PC building by all means have him/her build one for you. Otherwise I would suggest you stick with the list I posted and made sure the specification there is met or exceeded. As I wrote earlier you are welcome to post a link to a PC (Desktop or Laptop) that you are considering. So I or some of the others here can give an opinion.

Message 4 of 7 (264 Views)

★★ Novice
I don’t know an expert so I’ll just have to keep looking 😁 they’re just really hard to find all the good ones I find online don’t ship to Ireland. What’s your opinion on this?

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/desktop-pcs/desktop-pcs/acer-nitro-n50-100-amd-ryzen-7-gtx-1060...
Message 5 of 7 (259 Views)

Champion (Retired)

That would work very well also with other more demanding 3D games.

Message 6 of 7 (254 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you so much for your help!
Message 7 of 7 (238 Views)