Re: Worlds

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Worlds

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey, it's me again, I have a problem installing Worlds. When i install Worlds it says it's completed, but when i launch the game i don't have three worlds i installed just a while before. What to do? I mean that they do not appear in the game, so my save is corrupted and i cannot start a new one on one of these Worlds.

Message 1 of 2 (313 Views)

Re: Worlds

@simAzeroth  It sounds like there's something corrupt about the installed content files in your game folder.  There's an easy (easier) way and a hard way to address this.  Here's the easy way.

First, delete everything in DCBackup (inside your Sims 3 game folder in Documents\Electronic Arts) except for ccmerged.package, which is needed to make your premium store content work.  Also delete the five cache files in your game folder in Documents.  They should be deleted regularly anyway, and while you're troubleshooting, delete them every time you quit the game.  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Next, open the launcher and uninstall the three worlds, if you see them there.  (Be sure to scroll through the entire list.)  Whether you see them or not, check InstalledWorlds, also inside your game folder, and delete any files for those three worlds.  Please also uninstall one small store item, like an article of clothing or a piece of furniture, and take note of what it was.

Now move your DCCache folder to your desktop.  Open the launcher, which will create a new game folder, and redownload and reinstall the one small item you uninstalled just now.  This will create a new file in DCCache labeled dcdb0.ebc.  (That's a zero.)

Go into the old DCCache folder on your desktop and check the numbers on the .ebc files in there.  You're going to rename the new dcdb0 file so its number is one higher than the highest you have in your old folder.  So if the old folder has dcdb0 through dcdb4, the one you just created will be dcdb5.ebc.  (You can ignore the .dbc files, which are third-party custom content.)  Once you rename the new file, place it in your old DCCache folder, delete the new DCCache folder from your Sims 3 folder, and put the old one back.

Now try to install just one of the worlds that have been giving you trouble.  If it seems to have worked, launch the game and try to start a new save in it, just to test.  (No need to save your progress.)  If everything looks good, delete the caches as described above, and install the second world, test, delete caches, and then install the third world and test.

Let me know whether this works, and if not, where in the process things went wrong.  It might be necessary to rebuild more of your store content, or all of it, depending on how much you have.  On that note, please let me know how much store stuff you have installed—a rough estimate is fine—so I can recommend the easier of the two remaining approaches.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (295 Views)