Worlds don't show up in Origin

by Meilice

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Worlds don't show up in Origin

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello, I own all the Sims 3 worlds, and they are registered to my TheSims3. com account. I would like to transfer everything to Origin. However, the worlds don't show up on Origin as already purchased, it tells me to buy them even though I already own them on my TheSims3.com account. All other expansions and stuff packs show up just fine.

How can I fix this?

Also, how about all the bonus content I purchased via the Sims3 store, such as clothes etc.? Is there any way to transfer that to Origin or will it be lost once the TheSims3.com website shuts down at some point?

Message 1 of 5 (536 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Worlds don't show up in Origin

[ Edited ]

@Meilice  You don't need to purchase the worlds through Origin, and it wouldn't help anyway.  Origin doesn't hold the data for the world files; they need to be downloaded through the store, and installed via the launcher into your Sims 3 game folder in Documents (not into program files, where Origin installs your base game and packs).  This has always been true no matter what type of install you have.

I just checked the store myself, in case it was down, and I was able to download Sunlit Tides without a problem.  I used Firefox, which is more reliable than Chrome when it comes to store stuff.  So here's what I'd suggest:

• Clear your browser caches, including the one for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Login to Origin and press Play to open the Sims 3 launcher.
  • Use Firefox to open the store, and login.
  • Go to the product page for a world you own; you can find them here:  https://store.thesims3.com/worldProductDetail.html?categoryId=12642
  • When you click to download one world, wait at least a full minute before doing anything.  Sometimes the download takes a while to start.
  • If the above doesn't work, pull your Sims 3 game folder out of Documents\EA (or trash the new one you made) and start from the top.
  • If that doesn't work either, disable your antivirus/firewall and try again.
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (490 Views)

All Replies

@Meilice  No matter what kind of install you have—disc, Origin, Steam—you still need to install all Sims 3 Store content through the store site.  This includes worlds as well as regular items.  The process is exactly the same on an Origin install: login to your account, click Download, install through the launcher.  Since Origin controls the game, you might need to sign in before downloading, or maybe you'll be prompted when the downloading process tries to open the launcher.

There's no indication that the store is closing any time soon, and EA people have said that when it happens, we'll get plenty of warning.  But if you're worried, you can save your downloaded Sims3Packs elsewhere on your computer in case you ever need to reinstall.  They'll still be in Downloads (inside your Sims 3 game folder in Documents\EA) even after you install them, and you can copy them into a clean game folder for installation without needing to use the store.

The catch is that these downloads don't transfer between Steam installs and other types, or sometimes between disc and Origin installs.  But if you're using the same account and the same type of install, you should even be able to transfer the packs from one computer to another.

Message 2 of 5 (517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Sorry in case I'm doing this wrong. I am logged in to my TheSims3.com account and my Origin account (obviously the same), I see the worlds in Origin but there is no option to download them, only to buy them.

I cannot download them through Origin even though I'm playing/launching the game via Origin? Or do I need to purchase them a second time through Origin to be able to have them in my Origin game?

Also, nothing happens when I click "Download" on the TheSims3.com purchased content page. It's not installing anything.

Message 3 of 5 (503 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Meilice  You don't need to purchase the worlds through Origin, and it wouldn't help anyway.  Origin doesn't hold the data for the world files; they need to be downloaded through the store, and installed via the launcher into your Sims 3 game folder in Documents (not into program files, where Origin installs your base game and packs).  This has always been true no matter what type of install you have.

I just checked the store myself, in case it was down, and I was able to download Sunlit Tides without a problem.  I used Firefox, which is more reliable than Chrome when it comes to store stuff.  So here's what I'd suggest:

• Clear your browser caches, including the one for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Login to Origin and press Play to open the Sims 3 launcher.
  • Use Firefox to open the store, and login.
  • Go to the product page for a world you own; you can find them here:  https://store.thesims3.com/worldProductDetail.html?categoryId=12642
  • When you click to download one world, wait at least a full minute before doing anything.  Sometimes the download takes a while to start.
  • If the above doesn't work, pull your Sims 3 game folder out of Documents\EA (or trash the new one you made) and start from the top.
  • If that doesn't work either, disable your antivirus/firewall and try again.

Message 4 of 5 (491 Views)

★ Novice

It seems to work now, thank you!

Message 5 of 5 (451 Views)