Re: World missing

by ChildzPlease

Original Post

World missing

★ Apprentice

My account shows that I have monte vista unlocked but when I launch the game it’s not on the list. How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 6 (453 Views)

Champion

@ChildzPlease , you need to make sure the world is downloaded into your game. To do this go into your Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 3 folder and look for the Installed Worlds folder. Open that up and see if you see the World package for Monte Vista. If you do not see it there, then you will need to download it from the Sims 3 Store and install it into your game.

Hope this helps. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (443 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Tremayne4260 that's the problem, it shows up as installed on origin, but I don't have it on the sims 3 store.
Message 3 of 6 (433 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ChildzPlease  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

Are you logging into the Sims 3 Store with the same credentials (email address and password) that you use on Origin?  Are these the same credentials you used to buy Monte Vista originally?  If so, it's possible that the store isn't properly showing Monte Vista as owned, but you still may be able to download it either from your purchase history or directly from its product page.

https://store.thesims3.com/montevista.html?categoryId=12642&section=UpSell

By the way, if you never registered your Monte Vista code directly in the store, it wouldn't show up on your account.  You should have received a 16-character code when you bought MV.  If you never used it, you should still be able to now: sign into the store, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Redeem a Code.

If you can't find the code, or you did register it but still can't download MV, you'll need to contact EA customer support.  Someone on that end can verify your purchase and manually add the world to your account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (423 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict the situation is kinda complicated. I had two different ea accounts. Some of my content (Expansions,stuff packs,and worlds) were split between two accounts, with my old account having most of it. I got support to move everything to my current account. I think monte vista was on my old account and I think they closed it down. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not.
Message 5 of 6 (415 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ChildzPlease  Your account situation has everything to do with it.  While games and packs can be transferred when two accounts are merged, store content generally cannot be.  Sometimes it works if the content has a code attached to it, as Monte Vista would, because that code might be movable the same way a code for an expansion or stuff pack would.  But what usually happens is that all the store stuff the old account owned just disappears.

You could still contact EA support to ask whether there's a way to get MV onto your current account.  The worst that happens is they say no.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (409 Views)