World has gone,Sims 4

by 3_bennett

Original Post

Accepted Solution

World has gone,Sims 4

★ Novice

Just went on my game and one of my most played games was just gone, I haven't deleted it or anything! I had 3 generations on their with so many builds and relationships please help, I need it back ASAP.

Message 1 of 3 (1,952 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: World has gone,Sims 4

@3_bennett  Are your other saves intact?  If so, please go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves and see if you can find a copy of your missing save.  The save files are numbered rather than labeled with anything useful, but you can sort by date modified to tell them apart.

If you find a copy of your missing save with a .verx on the end of it, that's one of the automatic backups the game keeps.  You can use the manual method of restoring a backup described here, and hopefully the game will be able to read the backup.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

If you can't find any copies of your missing save, open a File Explorer window, click This PC on the left, then search for Slot_* (with the asterisk).  That should turn up any save files on your hard drive, including the others that are currently accessible.  So you'll need to do a bit of sorting, but hopefully you'll find something you can use.  And the method to manually restore a backup works on saves that you find elsewhere too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,907 Views)

All Replies

@3_bennett  Are your other saves intact?  If so, please go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves and see if you can find a copy of your missing save.  The save files are numbered rather than labeled with anything useful, but you can sort by date modified to tell them apart.

If you find a copy of your missing save with a .verx on the end of it, that's one of the automatic backups the game keeps.  You can use the manual method of restoring a backup described here, and hopefully the game will be able to read the backup.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

If you can't find any copies of your missing save, open a File Explorer window, click This PC on the left, then search for Slot_* (with the asterisk).  That should turn up any save files on your hard drive, including the others that are currently accessible.  So you'll need to do a bit of sorting, but hopefully you'll find something you can use.  And the method to manually restore a backup works on saves that you find elsewhere too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,908 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for your help, my world is back and running well!!!!

Message 3 of 3 (1,869 Views)