Re: World Downloads

by crysonna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

World Downloads

★★★ Newbie

I'm having problems with worlds that I have bought and they say that they have been delivered and downloaded, they are also showing on my purchase order history but not appearing on my origins game.  I've tried to download it from the  The two worlds are Monte Vista and Dragon Valley.  I've tried downloading through origins and through the download link in the Purchase History part of the website and nothing is working to put them on.  Anyone have any suggestion on how I can get both of these downloaded into my Origin game.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 7 (644 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

@crysonna Please contact an Advisor and theys hould be able to check what is going on here: 

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly selected in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner) and select 'Help with Game'
3. Find the affected game (if it's an account issue select Origin)
4. Select 'Contact Us' at the bottom right on the new page
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' 
6. Select topic from the drop down menus, type in a short description of your issue and select 'Next'.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Let us know if you run into any trouble with this!

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (623 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@pakrause062015 You can download the worlds from your store's purchase history to downloads in the game launcher and from there you select the world and click install. Can you log in through the game launcher?

add: if you can not log into the game launcher try clear IE browsing history (not the browser you may be using). The game uses IE to communicate. Windows 10 default browser is Edge - not the right browser. In Windows 10 do a search for Internet explorer (IE 11is there). Reset browsing history.

Message 2 of 7 (632 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried going that route and downloading it from the Purchase History and then through the game launcher, but they are not showing in the Download menu so that I can download them in the Game Launcher, and when I hit the Download button on Purchase History it opens the game launcher but does nothing else.

Message 3 of 7 (626 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@pakrause062015 What is the version of your game? Did you try restarting your computer and trying the download again? A guess is there are sales going on and the servers may be very busy so it may take a little time for the download to start (no more then 5 minutes).

Message 4 of 7 (610 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm actually having this problem as well and its still making me crazy weeks later. My version is 1.69. I've run repairs on everything, I've tried having the launcher uninstall and reinstall, I've re-downloaded more times than I can count, deleting the DCCACHE method, leaving the ccmerged, completely wiping out the Sims directory and forcing a rebuild... Dragon Valley, Lunar Lakes, Monte Vista, Barnacle Bay, and a few others (any world pack purchased with simpoints in the store instead of a disc), along with some but not all of the items that go with it, are not present in the game, cannot travel there, cannot start a game in it. The few items I can access of these installs are quite random, a lot here, a hair there, that kind of thing. I have done everything, removing mods and going completely clean and they do not come up even though they show completely installed on the launcher as well as the download manager. I've tried it while logged in, I've tried it without being logged in, it makes no difference.

My computer specs kind of whip the * out of the mins, I run windows 10 and when having issues adjust the compatibility mode as needed. Yes, its set to run admin.. The only non-conformist issue with my setup is that the way my computer is set up is my C drive is strictly system and the doc files for Sims 3 but the actual game is installed on D. I can only guess this is somehow the root of my problem and there is a programmer or two I'd like to clobber if that's honestly the case.

Another note, I found a couple of ancient games that were set in 2 of these worlds. Lunar lakes just freaked and gave me a something seriously wrong kind of error and I had to crash the program,. The one set in DV loaded but it wanted to force me move to a different world immediately. It also did that thing Sims does when a world jacks and everyone is named something like DOT##/bllahblah/something/wherethefreakdoesthisevenexistiaskyou:Black

I'm at the point that I really don't care how long its been since i bought these, if I can't play them, I want my money back.

Message 5 of 7 (595 Views)

EA Staff

@crysonna Please contact an Advisor and theys hould be able to check what is going on here: 

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly selected in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner) and select 'Help with Game'
3. Find the affected game (if it's an account issue select Origin)
4. Select 'Contact Us' at the bottom right on the new page
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' 
6. Select topic from the drop down menus, type in a short description of your issue and select 'Next'.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Let us know if you run into any trouble with this!

Message 6 of 7 (624 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I know this is old but I'm going to tell on myself because hopefully it might help the one person like me, who overthinks everything. The launcher has a huge list of things, it also has a very tiny checkbox. In Sims4, you check this box if you want to run CC.... in Sims3, I completely forgot you check it when you DON'T. Mind you I found out later how to install off the worlds as package files and I got rather scary modwise, but that's what my problem was... one stupid box I wasn't fully reading and thoroughly dismissing as my problem.

Message 7 of 7 (556 Views)