World Adventures not downloading; Stuck at 10% for 2 days now

by firepiplup

Original Post

Accepted Solution

World Adventures not downloading; Stuck at 10% for 2 days now

★★★★ Novice

I bought the World Adventures EP on sale (which makes refunds unavailable) 2 days ago (6/14/12) and attempted to download it through Origin. While it was downloading, a notification in the corner said the download failed, but it dissappeared as fast as it showed up, so it was hard to read. I immediately went to the Origin page and it said that the download was at 10% and that it was in the process of pausing. I tried to right-click on the thumbnail to either resume or cancle the download, both of which are unavailable because it is still trying to pause/download at the same time. I've tried going offline and returing online, which only made it say processing download instead of 10% (the progress bar in the grey box still says 10% though), logging out and logging back in, pretty much the most of my abilities without completely uninstalling everything, since I'm also incapable of doing that. I would really like to avoid unistalling, and possibly turning off the computer if it can be helped (mom wants to leave it on constantly; possibly one of the reasons).

I'm sorry for the wall of text, but I really just want to play the Sims without having to corrupt anything with a still downloading EP.

Message 1 of 6 (236 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: World Adventures not downloading; Stuck at 10% for 2 days now

Hero (Retired)

have you tired

Launch Origin and log in with your account

- Click Origin in the top left (main menu)

- Select Application Settings

- From General tab, scroll down to "Update to the beta version if available" and tick the checkbox

- Restart Origin

and or give orign admin rights

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (235 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

have you tired

Launch Origin and log in with your account

- Click Origin in the top left (main menu)

- Select Application Settings

- From General tab, scroll down to "Update to the beta version if available" and tick the checkbox

- Restart Origin

and or give orign admin rights

Message 2 of 6 (236 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just logged in to test this out, and it started the download from where it was paused. So... solved? I guess? I never tried your solution, but it was enough I guess. (I left it logged out for like a half an hour) It's downloading just fine now. Thanks. Standard smile

Also, I wouldn't know how to give Origin Admin rights :P

Message 3 of 6 (231 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@firepiplup wrote:

I just logged in to test this out, and it started the download from where it was paused. So... solved? I guess? I never tried your solution, but it was enough I guess. (I left it logged out for like a half an hour) It's downloading just fine now. Thanks. Standard smile

Also, I wouldn't know how to give Origin Admin rights :P

Confusedmileytongue:  Confusedmileylol:  glad to hear that the logging in and out worked for you really happy to hear your getting your game :D

Message 4 of 6 (227 Views)

Simpoints not showing up?

★★★★ Novice

Thanks~ But I have a new question now....

World Adventures is supposed to come with Simpoints, but my page doesn't have the icon lit up, and no Simpoints were added, while the launcher and Origin both acknowledge that I have the EP. (Should I just make a new thread for this...?)

Message 5 of 6 (220 Views)

Re: Simpoints not showing up?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@firepiplup wrote:

Thanks~ But I have a new question now....

World Adventures is supposed to come with Simpoints, but my page doesn't have the icon lit up, and no Simpoints were added, while the launcher and Origin both acknowledge that I have the EP. (Should I just make a new thread for this...?)

yeah i hear ya this has been an issue for other players to  the game is registered in origin etc but for some reasons does not seem to show up i the my  page  icons then can't dl the explores set or the simpoints and they where advised to contact CS whcis the players where assited by CS and all was well then

if in the event you need to contact CS

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button
7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

guide on how to contact CS

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Beta-Archive/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

edit i said  tabs instead of icons ( on the my page )

Message 6 of 6 (217 Views)