Re: World Adventure, Diary of Sin Pah quest disappeared when arriving France

by OceansonWarblers

Original Post

World Adventure, Diary of Sin Pah quest disappeared when arriving France

★★★★ Novice

Okay. So recently my Sim and his family went to China for a holiday (he's at visa level 2 for China and France, btw), he got the "Knowledge of The Past" quest and was able to finish up to "The Diary of Sin Pah". The next step is to go to France, but when I arrived Champs Les Sims, the quest disappeared and I can't ask the Nectar merchant about the journal. Now I'm stuck on this adventure chain. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 5 (1,147 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@OceansonWarblers   The quest seem to be problematic, but I am not sure why it doesn't work for some. I would advise loading a previous save before the opportunity disappeared, and try again and again, if it is important to you. If you don't have a save to go back to, you could try to cancel the opportunity, and accept it again, when it comes back on the Adventure Board. Delete the cashes in The Sims 3 folder too.

Message 2 of 5 (1,133 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, will try that later. Thanks for the help. Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (1,086 Views)

★ Novice

For anyone else struggling with this in 2023, I found a workaround using NRaas.

I was having the same issue. After I arrived in France, my quest disappeared and I had no way to "Discuss Journal" with the Nectar Merchant to proceed with the quest.

I used NRaas Debug Enabler to spawn the next step of the quest. Here's what I did: Sim > NRaas > Debug Enabler > Options: Smart Phone > Opportunities > Add Opportunity > Adventure > China > Quest > EP1_Quest_France6. Immediately, the next step of The Diary of Sin Pah was offered for me to accept or cancel. After accepting, the Nectar Merchant had the quest marker above his head and I was able to "Discuss Journal" with him.

I hope this helps present and future simmers!

Message 4 of 5 (436 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread is now a bit older, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread instead so we can take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 5 of 5 (408 Views)