Original Post

Highlighted

Work and Prep Tasks not completing/progressin

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except My First Pet, Toddler and Bowling Night Stuff and Jungle Adventure
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By getting a Sim in the Acting career and following Sim to the Studio
What happens when the bug occurs? The counter for the goals does not change when either 'Ask someone about their day' or 'Get to know someone on set'. Also, sometimes performing prep tasks does not complete when researching a mood and performing interactions
What do you expect to see? I except the counter in the work tasks and prep tasks to complete/progress
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 7 (6,300 Views)

Re: [GF] Work and Prep Tasks not completing/progressing

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @vibe-decorium

hm. Don't think I have had issues with either (didn't pay that close attention). Need to check that.

With the researching mood: I assume they are in the actual required mood ? I mean, if you have a lot of other other buffs, it can overlay the actual mood you get from the researching. 

If that's not the case, could you maybe record a little video of what you're seeing ? 

There's also a similar report to yours here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-GF-Actor-Performance-bar-not-fully-raising/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (6,286 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I can't reproduce this it always completes for me.

Like @crinrict wrote some other mood may override the mood  you are trying to research. Like being Very Happy or Very Inspired then trying to research Anger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 7 (6,240 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Work and Prep Tasks not completing/progressing

★★ Apprentice

I had the same issue, hwoever it was because I tried to stop my sim from performing "Tell director you are ready" interaction. This caused the game to still have the interaction needing to be completed but no interaction when clicking on the director. I was able to perform 2 scenes with my sim but now I cannot perform any more until I complete the interaction with the director.

Message 4 of 7 (6,216 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Work and Prep Tasks not completing/progressing

Champion (Retired)

You will have to end the performance. You will get a poor review which will lead to a reduction in Fame but you can build that up again. You should fill in a bug report on this as it should not be possible to start the performance without telling the director you are ready.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 7 (6,204 Views)

Hero

Tagging @vibe-decorium for more feedback.

I can't duplicate your issue at all. Could you give some more info ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (6,157 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

@vibe-decorium

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (6,132 Views)