Wont start

by immmypie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Wont start

★ Newbie

I just installed Simms 3 pets and I tried to open it , it used to come up with a message as soon as I open it saying there was a syntax error on line 18 character 1, now however it doesn't show this message but when I press play the screen goes black and a message pops up saying : Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

Message 1 of 2 (338 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wont start

Hero

Service Initialization Error

Problem

When starting the game I get the error message: Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (some number).

Suggestions

This problem is usually caused by broken registry references or corrupt user data.

There are several things you can try:

Further Reading

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (343 Views)

All Replies

Re: Wont start

Hero

Service Initialization Error

Problem

When starting the game I get the error message: Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (some number).

Suggestions

This problem is usually caused by broken registry references or corrupt user data.

There are several things you can try:

Further Reading

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (344 Views)