Won't start??

by StarGal02

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Won't start??

★★★★★ Newbie

So, I've had The Sims 4 for AGES now, and this has never happened. (I have ~600 hours of gameplay.) Recently, my game starts but 'freezes' at the 'Sims 4' screen just before the main menu. Then the blue loading cursor appears and my game gets glazed over with a sheet of white kind of? I've tried repairing it several times, re downloading it (Rest in peace save files) and deleting all my custom content, but it doesn't work. Does anyone have the problem or knows how to fix it?

Message 1 of 4 (308 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Won't start??

EA app Team

Hey @StarGal02,

Could you please try if the game works after following these steps?

1. With the game closed, go to Documents / Electronic Arts.
  2. Rename the "The Sims 4" folder to "The Sims 4 freezes".
  3. Open your game. Your save games won't be there but don't worry because they are in the folder you just renamed. (Unless you deleted them previously, of course: "Rest in peace save files"?)
    We are doing this just for testing purposes, we will try to restore your save games later if this works.

Does the game work now?

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (307 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hey @StarGal02,

Could you please try if the game works after following these steps?

1. With the game closed, go to Documents / Electronic Arts.
  2. Rename the "The Sims 4" folder to "The Sims 4 freezes".
  3. Open your game. Your save games won't be there but don't worry because they are in the folder you just renamed. (Unless you deleted them previously, of course: "Rest in peace save files"?)
    We are doing this just for testing purposes, we will try to restore your save games later if this works.

Does the game work now?

-Mai

Message 2 of 4 (308 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes! It does work now! Thank you so much! (I had previously deleted the game and the save files disappeared.)

Message 3 of 4 (276 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

By uninstalling the game you shouldn't have lost your save games, @StarGal02. They should still be in The Sims 4 freezes / saves. If you can find in that folder any file that doesn't start by Slot_0000001, then your save games are there.

Let's try to restore your user files then, moving files from The Sims 4 freezes to the new folder The Sims 4 you should find in Documents / Electronic Arts:

1. Close the game
  2. Copy the file options.ini from The Sims 4 freezes and paste it to The Sims 4
  3. Copy the folder saves from The Sims 4 freezes and paste it to The Sims 4
  4. Try the game again, if it works, continue. If it doesn't, let me know.
  5. Copy the folders Screenshots and Custom music from The Sims 4 freezes and paste them to The Sims 4
  6. Try the game again, if it works, continue. If it doesn't, let me know.
  7. Copy the folder Tray from The Sims 4 freezes and paste it to The Sims 4
  8. Try the game again, if it works, continue. If it doesn't, let me know.
  9. Copy the folder Mods from The Sims 4 freezes and paste it to The Sims 4
  10. Try the game again.

Once you are finished, if the game works, wait a couple of days to make sure and then you can remove the folder The Sims 4 freezes.

Good luck!

Mai

Message 4 of 4 (272 Views)