Re: Won’t load expansion packs!!!!

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Won’t load expansion packs!!!!

★★★ Newbie

As a player who still thoroughly enjoys and dearly misses the very detailed and amazing Sims 3, I was extremely upset to find that when downloading Sims 3 1. it barely opens anymore which surely should be fixed as many of us have put so much time effort and money into your game for it to not work because your cash grab Sims 4 is your only focus. 2. If it does download it doesn’t allow all my expensive packs to be playable at all.

This is so upsetting as I miss Sims 3 very much. I’m sure many other players do too, it gave so much more creativity, whilst i respect Sims 4, Sims 3 gave different things for certain people. So please do bug fixes and more work on Sims 3!! Trust me, many players will still buy. If it begins to work I am very interested in buying many more packs as I bet others would. The game was groundbreaking to me and I just don’t get the same from Sims 4. So I please ask you to put some work into fixing Sims 3 and the expansion packs and allowing it to run on devices such as laptops as currently it doesn’t even open on the most expensive of gaming PC’s which is ridiculous.

I used to be a very loyal consumer of EA games but the focus seems to be more on profit rather than customer satisfaction and this has broken your connection with your simmers, as others I know have agreed with. Please please listen to our Sims 3 suggestions and keep up with regular fixes for it. And please do not recommend buying  Sims 4 for this problem. I have it and play it but i’m desperate for my Sims 3 back... or atleast dont add pointless packs that came in the base game of Sims 3.. Thats a bit of a backwards decision but i’ll respect it.

Sincerely, a currently dissatisfied consumer.

Message 1 of 4 (432 Views)
Highlighted

@emfinley01  Sims 3 works fine for me, and for many others, on new or new-ish systems.  The fact that it's not working for you suggests that there's something else going on with your computer or your account.  If you'd like to troubleshoot, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know which packs you want to install, and what happens when you try to install them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (423 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know 3 users with good PC’s who also cannot launch Sims 3 aswell. Which suggests it’s not only depending on which type I have. None of my expansion packs will load in. I have Generations, Into the Future, Supernatural, High end Loft stuff and more. None will be playable when I load Sims 3.

Message 3 of 4 (414 Views)

@emfinley01  There are plenty of reasons Sims 3 might not run in a particular case, everything from missing runtimes to EA account issues.  But it does run, without much trouble and with good performance, on modern PCs.  So the fact that it doesn't work on someone's computer isn't because of how old the game is or what can and cannot be done on a modern system.

At any rate, do your expansion packs show up as installed in Origin?  Open your game library, click on the Sims 3 icon, select More > Expansion Packs, scroll through the list, and see what the orange button below each pack says: Play, Details, Download, or Buy Now.  If it says Buy Now for a given pack, Origin thinks you don't own it.  If it says Download, then go ahead and download it.  Otherwise, Origin thinks the pack is installed.  Repeat for More > Stuff Packs.

If your packs show as installed in Origin, are they listed in the launcher's Expansions & Stuff tab?  If so, be sure to check them off.  You don't need to click Install or anything; the packs will be active once you've checked the boxes, usually.  Sometimes the boxes need to be unchecked and rechecked to force the launcher to recognize the setting.

If the packs show as installed in Origin but not in the launcher, where did you buy the packs?  It's possible you received bad product keys.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (405 Views)