Won't let me play the sims 4

by simsparadox14

Original Post

Re: Won't let me play the sims 4

★★★ Newbie

It didn't work

@smtrax01 wrote:

Is your Play button in Origin greyed out?  Sometimes this can be caused by corrupted local data and these need to be deleted. Please open this folder: C:\ProgramData\Origin\Llocal Data)\The Sims 4 and delete the content. After that the game should become active in Origin again and you should be able to click on Play again. 

Also note that the Local Data folder is set as hidden folder by default. If you can't see it you will make it visible first by clicking on Start - Control Panel (make sure that you have it set as view by category) - Appearance and Personalization and under Folder Option you should see Show hidden files and folders setting. Click on Show hidden files, folders and drives and you should be good to go :-)

I tried but it didn't so I had to recover that information 

Message 51 of 59 (1,119 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @EvieIsMe,

Could you give us as many details as possible about your issue and what you have tried to fix it so far? If I understood correctly, your 'Play' button is grey and not letting you press it, right? When did this start to happen? Have you tried to restart your computer?

-Mai

Message 52 of 59 (1,107 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I had the same problem what i did was go into origin went to my home page clicked play on the sims 4 press settings press repair and it will verify game files then you wait and it should work
Message 53 of 59 (1,099 Views)

★ Novice
Restart ypur computer it grayed my play button out because sims 4 was apparently running in the background which caused it to not let me open it.
Message 54 of 59 (1,087 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The same thing happened to me. I couldn't click the play button. Then I experimented and I started deleting all of my unwanted cc, and then I exited folders, then to sims 4 then I could hit play
Message 55 of 59 (1,059 Views)

★ Novice

Why when I tap to play the game it turns off and goes to origin ANNOYING

Message 56 of 59 (925 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@smtrax01 I don't know how to get to that folder it dosen't come up and idk how to fix it
Message 57 of 59 (906 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i tryed te mothd thing and t aint working :[

Message 58 of 59 (875 Views)

Community Manager

Going to close this thread as it's been resurrected from the dead a few times. If you're having trouble starting up The Sims 4 please create a new thread. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 59 of 59 (853 Views)