Won't let me play sims3

by blue_demon1991

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Won't let me play sims3

★★★★★ Newbie

I just got my computer the other day and installed all my expansion packs and stuff packs and when I went to play I put my sims3 in tried to play but it says I need to put my 70s 80s 90s stuff pack in

Message 1 of 10 (4,263 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Won't let me play sims3

Hero (Retired)

You don't have to have the base game disc in. Confusedmileyhappy: You can't play with just the base game, once you've installed the stuff pack it's sort of an "updated" version of the base game. So by putting in the base game disc, you're not covering everything that you currently have and you have to use the disc of the most recent game you have.

It's hard to explain, but basically just use the stuff pack's disc.

Please accept a solution if solved. XP is also appreciated

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (4,473 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Hi there

Try repairing the install of your game

To use Repair Install for your game:
Go to My Games in Origin
Right-click the game image
Select "Repair Install"

Kuro

Message 2 of 10 (4,247 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It only comes up with play, show game details, add to favorites, hide, and uninstall

Message 3 of 10 (4,243 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Are you putting the most recent expansion pack disc in when you try to play? Assuming it's a disc version of course.

Welcome to the Answer HQ!

Message 4 of 10 (4,237 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I was putting my sims3 game in and all it say is no game disc found please insert the sims3 70s 80s & 90s stuff game disc before proceeding

Message 5 of 10 (4,235 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You need to insert the 70s, 80s and 90's stuff pack disc then, not the base game disc. Do you have the stuff pack as a disc version?

Message 6 of 10 (4,233 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yes but I thought you had to have the base game disc in to play why can't you just play using the base game

Message 7 of 10 (4,231 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You don't have to have the base game disc in. Confusedmileyhappy: You can't play with just the base game, once you've installed the stuff pack it's sort of an "updated" version of the base game. So by putting in the base game disc, you're not covering everything that you currently have and you have to use the disc of the most recent game you have.

It's hard to explain, but basically just use the stuff pack's disc.

Please accept a solution if solved. XP is also appreciated

Message 8 of 10 (4,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That is  usually normal for some people. I have to always put in the seasons disc and it still has the other expansion packs too. Just put in 80's and 90's, it wil probably work! 

Message 9 of 10 (2,665 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It doesn't  work for me

Message 10 of 10 (1,845 Views)