Won't go online in sims 4 game.

by emmibaur

Original Post

Re: Won't go online in sims 4 game.

★★ Novice

hoping this works.
i have had the sims 4 since before im getting origin, but can i still play it through origin

/??

@Moonika wrote:

This helped me:

1.Go to Options and turn on "online access"

2. Hit apply changes but still press "stay offline"

3. Close the came correctly, "Main menu" to "Save and exit"

4. Open the game from Origin, open Gallery and there should be a connection Standard smile

Message 11 of 17 (2,351 Views)

★★ Novice

okay yes, im still stuck with the problem you have.
My line was a bit different, my internet is fine, and i never mess with my firewall.
I already had the sims 4, and the link to it was on my desktop.

I finally downloaded origin, made an EA account, and found out how to add my copy of the sims 4 to origin.
i opened it with origin, and for the first time ever i was given the opportunity to go online, a box came up telling me and everything.
i tried several ways of going online, but sadly it always shows "could no connect"

Message 12 of 17 (2,349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Message 13 of 17 (1,895 Views)

★★ Novice
I had this problem and came here for answers and none of these worked. Eventually, I tried this and it worked so I thought I'd share. I ended up saving and closing my game and opening Origin. I opened Origin and in the top left corner it says Origin (& Friends, & Help). I clicked on Origin, under it shows options and near the bottom it says 'Go Offline', click on it. It immediately shows you above the games you own 'OFFLINE MODE You are currently offline...' and you can click on the 'Go Online' at the end of the sentence. When you choose to start your Sims 4 again it will be online and the Gallery is available! Wah-la!! Hope this helps! ALSO!! For the sake of the post I tried to not save and close my game and just minimize the game window and go offline and back on etc. and it doesn't work. You have to save and close the game to go to Origin, and then go back to your game after going off and back online. Good luck!!
Message 14 of 17 (1,865 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me. Thanks!

Message 15 of 17 (1,405 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It still hasn’t worked for me and I have tried everything.

Message 16 of 17 (876 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @whoisflint I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible and we will do what we can to assist.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 17 of 17 (865 Views)