Re: Won't get past the launcher

by liivahiir10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Won't get past the launcher

★★ Novice

Good day simmers!
After my laptop forcefully installed windows 10, I can't get past the launcher.
The launcher opens, everything is pretty, but when I click the 'play' button, it closes. The launcher closes, my mouse-pointer(not sure what it's called) gets that loading circle for a few seconds, and then nothing.

I've read other threads, posts about the problem, but none of the solutions worked.

Thankyou in advance!

Message 1 of 6 (345 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@liivahiir10 hey 

I can very much relate with the Windows 10 issue - my computer decided to install it all by itself. Thankfully it was reversible and so I'm happily back on Windows 7. 

You say you've researched and tried, unfortunately not specifying exactly what you did doesn't help me much. Did you try everything here? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/READ-FIRST-POST-HERE-Windows-10-Help-Thread/td-p/4703142

Let me know! 

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (380 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@liivahiir10 hey 

I can very much relate with the Windows 10 issue - my computer decided to install it all by itself. Thankfully it was reversible and so I'm happily back on Windows 7. 

You say you've researched and tried, unfortunately not specifying exactly what you did doesn't help me much. Did you try everything here? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/READ-FIRST-POST-HERE-Windows-10-Help-Thread/td-p/4703142

Let me know! 

Message 2 of 6 (381 Views)

★★ Novice

Thankyou! Standard smile

I didn't search for windows 10 problems, I searched for the launcher thing; so I didn't come across your thread before.

The graphic card update fixed it.

Message 3 of 6 (326 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having close to the exact same problem.  I read that post, and uninstalled Norton and McAfffee, disabled Windows Defender, updated my drivers, and uninstalled and reinstalled Sims 3 and all the add-ons, uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, tried the trick with creating a backup folder, and nothing.

What happens is this: I open up the launcher, and hit play, and go to a back screen.  The mouse whirls, and then nothing, and then I give up and close the game.

What confuses me even more is that it worked last weekend (without me even doing all of the fixes), and then I went to play the game a few days later, and nothing.

I *really* don't want to have to go back to Windows 7, even though I really liked Windows 7, because I'm afraid of crashing something else.  But if that's the only way I can get it to work again, I will.

Message 4 of 6 (313 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@liivahiir10 really happy to hear! Happy simming! Standard smile 

@tgorin could you create a new thread please? It will just make it easier to help you particularly as this is a "solved" thread. 

Message 5 of 6 (305 Views)

★★ Novice

I  also have this issue  But i'm still running win 7. Start button goes to black screen and hangs there Game does not load

Message 6 of 6 (293 Views)