Re: Won't Let Me Register My New Game!!!

by HEMI_SRT-8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Won't Let Me Register My New Game!!!

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have bought a new Sims 3 Game From Gamestop, I downloaded the game and installed it, and it works perfectly...BUT, I recently recieved an E-mail from EA about registering y game for free sim points and a new map so i went to the site to register my game. When i tried to register my game however, it told me the Key code was incorrect. I tryed Using All Caps And without any caps. None of these have worked...Please tell me what i'm Doing Wrong!

Message 1 of 7 (34,199 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi minyman612,

This is how you register The Sims 3 game and Expansions/Stuff Packs to your Origin account:

These are 20 digit codes. If your code is not for the base game or an expansion/stuff pack, and is 16 digits, see the next section down.

1. Go to http://www.thesims3.com and make an account if you do not already have one.  If you have an account, skip to step 3.
  2. When making an account, enter your serial code for The Sims 3.
  3. Once you are a registered member of the The Sims 3 website, login to your account so that you can then register any other expansion packs or stuff packs that you own to your account.
  4. Click on the My Page tab.
  5. Then click the My Account tab.
  6. Click on Register a Game.
  7. Enter the product code for the expansion pack or stuff pack.
  8. Click the green Register button.

Image of the path to get to "Register a Game".

Redeem Bonus Content for The Sims 3:

Some expansion packs come with bonus content for players who register their game online. The most common bonus content is where The Sims 3 (base game) and World Adventures will each grant 1,000 Simpoints to a registered player’s account.

These are 16 digits codes for bonus content. If your code is a 20 digit code for the base game or an expansion, please see the first section of this article. If you do have a 16 digit bonus code to redeem but have not yet registered your game or expansion, you should do so prior to redeeming your bonus code.

1. Go to http://www.thesims3.com and login to your account.
  2. Click on the The Store tab in the menu bar at the top of the page.
  3. Then click the My Store Account tab.
  4. Click on the Green "+" icon sign across from Redeem a Code to expand that section, if it's not expanded already.
  5. Enter your 16 digit code for your bonus content.
  6. Accept the Digital Services Agreement and the Privacy Policy.
  7. Click the green Redeem button.

Image of the path to get to "Redeem a Code" for bonus content.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (38,336 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi minyman612,

This is how you register The Sims 3 game and Expansions/Stuff Packs to your Origin account:

These are 20 digit codes. If your code is not for the base game or an expansion/stuff pack, and is 16 digits, see the next section down.

1. Go to http://www.thesims3.com and make an account if you do not already have one.  If you have an account, skip to step 3.
  2. When making an account, enter your serial code for The Sims 3.
  3. Once you are a registered member of the The Sims 3 website, login to your account so that you can then register any other expansion packs or stuff packs that you own to your account.
  4. Click on the My Page tab.
  5. Then click the My Account tab.
  6. Click on Register a Game.
  7. Enter the product code for the expansion pack or stuff pack.
  8. Click the green Register button.

Image of the path to get to "Register a Game".

Redeem Bonus Content for The Sims 3:

Some expansion packs come with bonus content for players who register their game online. The most common bonus content is where The Sims 3 (base game) and World Adventures will each grant 1,000 Simpoints to a registered player’s account.

These are 16 digits codes for bonus content. If your code is a 20 digit code for the base game or an expansion, please see the first section of this article. If you do have a 16 digit bonus code to redeem but have not yet registered your game or expansion, you should do so prior to redeeming your bonus code.

1. Go to http://www.thesims3.com and login to your account.
  2. Click on the The Store tab in the menu bar at the top of the page.
  3. Then click the My Store Account tab.
  4. Click on the Green "+" icon sign across from Redeem a Code to expand that section, if it's not expanded already.
  5. Enter your 16 digit code for your bonus content.
  6. Accept the Digital Services Agreement and the Privacy Policy.
  7. Click the green Redeem button.

Image of the path to get to "Redeem a Code" for bonus content.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 7 (38,337 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have done all that, even the sims 3 game is doing it, but i believe i have already register that game none of the new ones will take code

Message 3 of 7 (32,442 Views)

★ Novice

I have the exact same issue - I also bought my Dragon Valley at Game stop, but the code is alredy used. I tried to register my game the same day I bought it and the same message came up - and I know for sure I had a plastic cover around my new game! I thought I had done something wrong and gave up. But today when I try again, I get the same message....

Anyone know how to solve this?

Message 4 of 7 (32,250 Views)

Hero (Retired)

did you redeem the dragon valley codes in origin first ? that can make the codes invalid as they need to be redeemed on the sims 3 account only, then download from your purchase history and insatlled

you'll need to contact CS about your invalid code

if in the event you need to contact CS  

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

2.Click on the orange NEXT button  

3.Select a platform  

4.Click on the orange NEXT button  

5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words  

6.Click on the orange NEXT button

7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

guide on how to contact CS

http://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Help-Beta/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

Message 5 of 7 (32,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have tried all this and it still wont work. my sims3 game came with 1,000 simpoints and  the site wont take my game code and im really annoyed. is there a time limit to register the game? 

Message 6 of 7 (32,072 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG!! Worked just fine. Thanks so much!Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 7 of 7 (30,530 Views)