Re: With no mods or cc installed, game claims to have a corrupted file...

by JellyBabiex

Original Post

With no mods or cc installed, game claims to have a corrupted file...

★ Apprentice

When I updated my laptop I clicked on my game to resume it as it was (playing perfectly fine) before I performed the system update. It told me that a file in the game was suddenly corrupted somehow. No biggie, I can take it out. I navigated to where it told me to go, but it was not a valid file location. Still, I removed the mod it mentioned since the beginning of it said ~BROMIUM for some absolutely unfoathomable reason but thereafter said a valid filename. I did that and no luck. Removed the whole mentioned folder. Nothing. Removed ALL mods and cc, repaired the game, re-installed my game, tried to update my game, now it says it can't start because of a corrupted file that cannot possibly be in there because my mods folder is empty. I'm at a loss for what to do, please help

Message 1 of 3 (383 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@JellyBabiex 

You probably removed from your local documents folder instead of opening the Onedrive location and delete it from there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (369 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried emptying that one too and it didn't work. The only thing that actually worked was:

1. Changing the default location in PowerShell to be the PC folders

2. Removing all the things from all the mods folders it claimed were corrupted, and then putting them back in a brand new folder in the mods folder (i.e. I had an AF Tops folder for Adult Female Tops. Moved that to a temp folder, created a new AF Tops folder in the mods folder, put the contents of the original AF Tops folder into the new one). 

Message 3 of 3 (320 Views)