Windows missing after applying wallpaper?

by CoolTjej_90

Original Post

Windows missing after applying wallpaper?

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

So I just noticed an issue with objects getting, what it seems like, deleted when I apply a wallpaper. However when I try to place a new object, in this case windows and a door, over where the deleted one was I get a notification saying that I can't place the window over an existing window. -_- 

I don't have any mods or CC's and the only thing that is new to my game is the latest patch and Paradise Island, which I bought from Origin. At first I thought that the objects that disappeared were from the new expansion but it's both new and old stuff that goes missing. 

I've attached two screenshots, one before applying wallpaper and one after.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I wasn't sure this would count as a bug so I chose to post here. I have searched the forum and didn't find a solution that would work, or explain, my issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Standard smile

/Emma

Message 1 of 2 (436 Views)

Re: Windows missing after applying wallpaper?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CoolTjej_90 This sounds very frustrating! Thank you for including your screenshots. I would like to begin troubleshooting by doing a repair and removal of cache in a specific manner as outlined below please as out first step:

If you have never in the past had Mods or CC in your game, just skip the part about deleting the Mods folder, but still delete the cache file mentioned. If you ever had Mods or CC in the past then do the Mods folder deletion, as there could be damage that has remained after you removed them - plus the config file from the old Mods folder could have become corrupted.

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. (When you restart the game will re-create the Mods folder if you deleted it.)
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

Also... can you please upload your lot to the gallery for me to download and test in my game?  You can name it something like 'deleted windows test' and post here the exact name you used plus your EA ID (your user name in the gallery) - or you can just add a link to it here.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 2 (395 Views)