Re: Windows 11 and ts4?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★ Novice

I installed Windows 11 on my new computer as it had been factory queued.  It is fully compatible with windows 11 and Sims 4 has run like a charm until the update.  Now it will not update from 1.81.72.1030 to the current patch. I have reinstalled Origin, as I was using the EA app, also working just fine.  I am not going to jump through hoops for this.  I will not try to reinstall windows 10 to update this game. I need an answer or a file I can run localy.    This is just wrong.    

Message 11 of 17 (890 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kestie 

1.81.72.1030 is the latest patch for PC. When a new patch comes out there should be no problem to download that. So absolutely nothing wrong with your game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 12 of 17 (873 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have no custom content but just almost all but one or two of the packs. I have been leery to update to Windows 11 because I love to play TS4. My husband has the base game plus one expansion and was able to run just fine but Im concerned that because I have more packs Id have a problem running the game. Especially because Windows 11 JUST came out...kinda waiting for any bugs with the  new Windows to work itself out. Any thoughts on this are appreciated...especially positive ones. :D Thanks. Sim on!

Message 13 of 17 (722 Views)

[ Edited ]

@lkrause74  If the processor in your computer is supported, and you've either updated the graphics driver or can do so if necessary, then Sims 4 should run fine on your computer after you upgrade to Windows 11.  The game does run as expected in 11, most of the time, so there's a good chance you'll be fine.

However, there are a couple of caveats.  One is that if you only have 4 GB RAM, you might well notice a performance hit, although it's not guaranteed.  Another is of course that 11 is new enough that we can't anticipate all the potential issues, only address them as they show up.  And it's clear that systems that 11 doesn't fully support can run into problems that are difficult to address, so definitely don't install it if your processor isn't on the supported list.

In general, it's not always a good idea to update for its own sake.  The best approach is often to wait to update until the new software (OS, graphics driver, whatever) has a new feature you want or the old software is out of support or otherwise not working teh way you'd like.  For example, I update my graphics driver every six months, more or less, rather than installing each new one at release.  It's easy to update your way into a problem that you didn't previously have.

On the other hand, if you really want to try Windows 11, just back up all your files first.  That way, if you encounter an issue you can't solve, you can go back to 10.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 17 (712 Views)

★★★ Novice

Actually, I have 8 GB of RAM. Ive been holding off on upgrading to Windows 11 as since its new there's likely to be bugs and fixes. My husband updated his laptop to Windows 11 and so far hasnt experienced any issues but he only has the base TS4 and one expansion, whereas I have nearly all of them. Standard smile I just do the recommended updates to Windows 10 that my laptop's system recommends. I just wanted advice from someone who might know these things a little better than me. Standard smile So...thank you! Standard smile

Message 15 of 17 (696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not able to play TS4 at all. I have tried removing origins and uninstalling the game, restarting and then re-installing them both. I have tried repairing the game within origin. I've tried just about everything other than factory restoring my computer. My partner was able to download and open it with ease, so I know it isn't our network. I ran a dxdiag, so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. 

Message 16 of 17 (636 Views)

@happigreencactus  Please try playing in a new admin Windows account.  Make it a local account, as in, don't sign into Microsoft; the username should contain only letters and numbers, no special characters or accents.

If that doesn't help, please do a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin, which is more thorough than the regular uninstall process.

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders."  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 4 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 17 of 17 (617 Views)