Re: [Windows 10] Sims 4 game shutting down on it's own

by roberta591

Original Post

[Windows 10] Sims 4 game shutting down on it's own

★ Novice

So I was playing Sims 4 on my pc and it suddenly shuttled down. At first I thought I maybe did it on accident but the problem is still happening. I asked a another friend if they had the same problem and they told me the exact same thing happens to them. I tried repairing the game, but it didn't fix it. 

Please someone help, I can only play for like five minutes or less before it closes on it's own.

Message 1 of 6 (3,087 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@JackieWantsToDie   Does the game crash at the same point or is the crash random? Please post your computer's dxdiag how to gather dxdiag data and then attach the created text (.txt) file to the paper clip in the lower right of the forum response window please. Also make sure your cc and mods are up to date.

Message 2 of 6 (3,075 Views)

★ Novice

It happens at random; and I made sure all of my cc and mods were updated and hadn't any problem since that was something I thought might've caused the problem

Message 3 of 6 (3,072 Views)

@JackieWantsToDie  This site's virus scanner isn't working correctly, so it's not allowing access to uploaded files.  Please instead upload your dxdiag to a third-party free filesharing site and link it here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (3,049 Views)

★ Novice

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T8pegNODkK2G9B12f1ODCzgkPOIfAM0Z/view?usp=sharing

here it is

I hope I can get help; until now I hadn't had a problem before

Message 5 of 6 (3,027 Views)

@JackieWantsToDie  Some of the crashes in your dxdiag are Origin crashes, and they reference two different assets Origin needs to run properly.  Since it's not clear whether the issue is Origin or those resources, it's best to address everything.  Start by running a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files.  Here's how:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, and uninstall the 2013 VC++ runtimes, both x86 and x64.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributables, click on each of the x86 and x64 versions, and select Uninstall.  Don't touch the versions from any other year.  Restart, and download new copies from Microsoft:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

You'll need both the x86 and x64 versions again, but you can skip the _arm version.

Finally, clear Origin's cache, uninstall it "the hard way," and reinstall.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

The driver for your graphics chip is quite old, but there's no indication that it's the cause of any crashing.  That doesn't mean it isn't, just that you can hold off on updating it until trying the above steps.

While troubleshooting, please test in a clean user data folder.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder; just play a new save to see how the game runs.  If you get any more crashes, let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (3,023 Views)