Windows 10/Sims 4 black screen on startup

by samanthakells

Original Post

Windows 10/Sims 4 black screen on startup

★ Novice

I am having an EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING issue with Windows 10 and Sims 4.  Before telling me to nuke my mods folder or any other basics, pls read the below.

This started last week - have not played the Sims 4 since upgrading to Windows 10, so too late to revert back to older OS.  The issue is this - the game loads, I can hear it, my mouse changes according to menu options - but the screen is black.  Here is what I have tried so far to fix:

• Fresh install of Windows 10
  • Have verified that my video/graphics cards are up to date (I have submitted by dxdiag file to Support - no help there)
  • Complete uninstall of Sims 4, including reg keys, all associated files.  Same with Origin.  
  • Changing the "fullscreen" value in the EA/Sims 4/Options file to "1" from "0"
  • Adding the "-w" value to the Sims 4 options screen
  • Disabled Origin in game
  • Reabled Origin in game

That is all I an recall for now - although there have been many steps in between, and many repeats of the above.  After six separate chats/calls with Support, hoping someone here can help me.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (1,594 Views)

Re: Windows 10/Sims 4 black screen on startup

Hero

Are you using raptr ? If so, can you try disableing that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,579 Views)

Re: Windows 10/Sims 4 black screen on startup

★★★ Newbie
@samanthakells have you ever found a solution to the problem because I'm in the same situation that you were or are dealing with.
Message 3 of 3 (386 Views)