by simmerse

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Windenburg hills, texture, and door glitch

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get To Work, Island Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Spa Day, Knitting, My First pet, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Windenburg, either in build or live mode for any lot, and all the textures on hills and other areas are just off, it's all pretty glitchy.
What happens when the bug occurs? It doesn't affect gameplay necessarily but when I go to play in Windenburg, specifically the ancient ruins, the stone wall at the ruins is completely glitched out and it's all grass. However, there's a specific door and window (part of the Get Together pack) that completely doesn't work. The door frame will be visible but no door, and it won't open or close either. Sims will just walk right through it.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see regular textures and a nice looking world to play in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I removed mods, disabled them, tried pretty much everything. It just totally affects my gameplay and it ONLY happens in Windenburg for some reason. 

Message 1 of 11 (1,670 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Windenburg hills, texture, and door glitch

★★★★ Novice

Yes. It's fixed. Thank you for your time!

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (1,476 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @littycow 

For the Windows/Door issue, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-King-of-Diamonds-Classical-Door-glitching/td-p/...

for the rest, are you using laptop mode ? Have you tried a game repair ? Could you post a picture of your graphics settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,646 Views)

Hero
@littycow Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (1,600 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi I am not the original poster but I'm having the same problem and noticed that they have not responded. I have all the current packs, dont use cc or mods, and I tried to repair my game. I am also not in laptop mode. Im not sure on how to screenshot my settings on my pc but I will list them. Thank you in advance for your help.

Display type: fullscreen

refresh rate: 60

resolution: 1,920x1,080

vertical sync: off

graphics quality: custom

sims: high

objects: high

lighting: high

reflections: medium

visual effects: high

edge smoothing: low

3d scene resolution: high

view distance: low

uncompressed sim textures: on

post processing effects: on

laptop mode: off

Message 4 of 11 (1,581 Views)

Hero
@simmerse Which issue do you have ? All of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (1,558 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have all the same issues that op listed. I am updating my game right now, and I see the door glitch was fixed in this patch. Yet there wasn't a mention of the glitch with the terrain or the stone walls in Windenburg in the patch notes. 

Message 6 of 11 (1,541 Views)

Hero
@simmerse @littycow

Has this gotten any better after the patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (1,495 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes. It's fixed. Thank you for your time!

Message 8 of 11 (1,477 Views)

Hero
@simmerse Great,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (1,468 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I have the same issue with my game. The textures look exactly like the pictures of the person who posted this. I fixed my game, updated it, removed my mods, but nothing works! Can you help me? Thank you in advance.

Message 10 of 11 (1,107 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help