Re: Win 10 and sims 3

by SirPoet73

Original Post

Win 10 and sims 3

★★★ Novice

When i had win 7 32bit i had no issues. when i upgraded to win 10 64 bit. the game loads and i play it for about 2mins and the game disappears. I mean i have the computer power to play it and i even selected the compatablity mode for windows 7. called EA.com they told me to clear the cache which i did. I updated the game, i repaired the game and nothing seems to work.. I have been on the phone with EA many times and i try everything they say but, still doesn't work.? can anyone help?? i don't want to give up the game cause i invested plenty of money with the game and the expantion packs

Message 1 of 4 (259 Views)

@SirPoet73  You don't need to play in compatibility mode; Windows 10 will run the game just fine.  But if you're playing on the same system that used to run Windows 7, it may no longer be able to run the game.  Windows 10 takes more memory for itself than its predecessor, and if you were previously running a 32-bit OS, you likely have no more than 4 GB RAM installed.  That may not be enough, especially if you have any of the more demanding expansion packs installed.

If you're now playing on a different system, it would be helpful to know your specs.  Even if it's the same one, you may be able to make some adjustments around the edges.  Either way, a dxdiag is a good place to start.  It will list your specs and provide info on other potential issues as well.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (253 Views)

★★★ Novice

it is the same system. i have a total of 8gb ram installed. it is win 10 64 bit

when i uploaded the pc info to the ea.com tech team they said i had plenty enough ram and power

Message 3 of 4 (244 Views)

@SirPoet73  EA's official minimum requirements for TS3 are much lower than the actual strength needed to run TS3.  I'd still like to see a dxdiag on your computer, so that I know how to start troubleshooting.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (236 Views)