Re: Will this laptop run sims4?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Will this laptop run sims4?

★★★ Newbie

Help me! I've been hunting for a new laptop and wanted a fancy (but cheap) tablet one. Would the below run the sims?

https://www.johnlewis.com/asus-vivobook-flip-tp401-laptop-intel-pentium-silver-4gb-ram-128gb-ssd-14-...

Much thanks 

Message 1 of 4 (713 Views)

@wonderstu91  It would probably run the base game, but not well, and not on anything more than low graphics settings.  Its processor is slower than the minimum recommended speed, it only has a weak integrated graphics card, and its 4 GB RAM is technically enough but will still be limiting.  Also, its hard drive is so small that it doesn't really have room for much more than Windows 10 and a couple of small apps.  With Sims 4 plus your saves, it might completely run out of room.

The thing is, tablets are absolutely not gaming computers in any sense.  They're meant for web browsing and streaming videos, not for running anything more taxing.  The most expensive ones may have hardware capable of running moderately demanding games like Sims 4, but even they might not have the proper cooling to handle longer game sessions.  In the £400 range, you're not going to find anything with hardware that can handle Sims 4.

If you don't really need a tablet, I can try to find you something in your price range; just list your budget.  But if you're really hoping for a tablet, you'll either need to pay a lot more money or accept that Sims 4 will never run well at all.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (689 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much for your reply! I am considering other options with the tablet/laptop thing. Ill save some cash and have a look
Message 3 of 4 (683 Views)

@wonderstu91  When you're ready, feel free to link the one(s) you're considering.  There's always someone here who can tell you how well the hardware can be expected to run Sims 4.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (680 Views)