Will this computer run The Sims

by beccahirvine1998

Original Post

Will this computer run The Sims

★★★ Newbie

I have no idea what I’m doing when it comes to computer specs so I was wondering is someone could help me. 

Im wanting a cheap, but decent Desktop computer to run the Sims off. Someone is selling a computer which looks good to me but as I said I have no idea what I’m doing. Here is the specs:

ADVENT 

Intel Pentium G630 2.7GHz 2-core/2-thread CPU with 3MB cache

8GB RAM and 500mg hard drive

Intel HD integrated graphics 

will this computer run the Sims? 

Many Thanks 

Message 1 of 4 (299 Views)

Re: Will this computer run The Sims

Hero (Retired)
@beccahirvine1998
I'm really sory but it is not good enough. This graphic card is too weak and there is not enough hard drive space Check minimum requirements here
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Make-sure-you-meet-minimum-requirements-PC/...
Message 2 of 4 (294 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@kreatora 

Would there be any way of say buying/upgrading to a better graphics card? 

Im not too fussed on the graphics to be fair, I just need a basic computer that will allow me to play the game haha 

oh and it’s 500GB hard drive not MB 🙈

Message 3 of 4 (289 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@beccahirvine1998 
This applies to a desktop computer and not a laptop. You can not improve your laptop like this.
The sims4 is demanding game especially when it comes to graphics. The integrated chip is too weak, and for a better card you will need probably a more powerful power supply and better ventilation. If you are not a computer builder, you will need help and lots of advice when doing so.

Message 4 of 4 (275 Views)