Re: Will this PC run sims 4?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Will this PC run sims 4?

★★★ Newbie

Im getting a new desktop just to play sims 4, looking for something cheap and this is the best I have found. I will be only playing sims with all expansions, game packs and stuff packs. Will this desktop play sims with little lag and on high settings?

Specification:

Computer - Dell Optiplex 

Operating System - Win10 Home 64BIT

Processor - Intel Core i3

Ram - 8GB 

Storage - 1TB HDD

Graphics - NVIDEA GT710 2GB

Thanks for the help!! 😄

Message 1 of 4 (309 Views)

@amyshort2904  No, that computer won't run TS4 very well at all.  Without knowing the model of the processor, I can't really give an opinion on it, although the Intel i3 series has only recently become strong enough to handle the game well.  But more importantly, the Nvidia 710 would only run the game on lower settings, and even then, it would probably struggle with Seasons, as well as (I'm guessing) the newer expansions coming out this year.

If you post your budget and country, I can try to find something that works for you.  But you'd probably need to be able to spend at least $600 U.S. to get a high quality system; prices will be higher in other countries.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (302 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your help! I am from the UK.

My budget is on the lower end maybe maximum £300 because I just want this pc strictly just to play the sims so I can unload my macbook

Message 3 of 4 (279 Views)

@amyshort2904  I'm sorry, but for £300, you're not going to find a new computer that runs Sims 4 decently.  You might be able to find something used, but that's a significant risk unless you buy from a store that gives you some kind of guarantee.  If that's the direction you want to go, I can list the parts you'd need to look for.

I could configure you a bare-bones desktop that would handle TS4 and all packs on ultra settings, now and later, for about £515, including VAT.  But that's with no upgrades.  You could save £30 and get a weaker graphics card, one that would run all packs on ultra graphics settings now, but would probably only handle high settings in the future.  But below that price, the quality of the hardware drops off dramatically.  By the £300 range, you're not looking at a system that can handle even moderately demanding games.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (262 Views)