Will the sims 4 + cats and dogs work on my computer?

by Timberwolf099172

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will the sims 4 + cats and dogs work on my computer?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
I would like to know if the Sims 4 and the new cats and dogs expansion pack would run on my new Windows 10. It is a fairly expensive game, so I wouldn't want to buy it and then suffer the frustration of lag and glitches. I have enough RAM, but all the other requirements are too technical and complex for me😂, so if someone could give me an answer I would greatly appreciate it.
Message 1 of 7 (760 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will the sims 4 + cats and dogs work on my computer?

Hero

Hi @Timberwolf099172

the OS is not the issue with your computer. It's the amount of RAM and the processor which is borderline to the min specs. It may run but only on minimum settings and with Pets, I might be even really choppy.

If you don't have the base or pets, I would not spend any money on it.

What you can do is download the Sims 4 base demo and see how that runs. You can play for free for 48 hours.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (887 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag for checking ?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (755 Views)

★★ Apprentice

please see attached

Message 3 of 7 (729 Views)

Hero

That's a bit borderline, especially the processor.

Can you play the base game ok ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (706 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I actually don't have the base game yet, I want to know whether the game and the expansion pack would work on my computer since several sites on the internet say that the base game works fine on their Windows 8, 9, and 10.
Message 5 of 7 (699 Views)

Hero

Hi @Timberwolf099172

the OS is not the issue with your computer. It's the amount of RAM and the processor which is borderline to the min specs. It may run but only on minimum settings and with Pets, I might be even really choppy.

If you don't have the base or pets, I would not spend any money on it.

What you can do is download the Sims 4 base demo and see how that runs. You can play for free for 48 hours.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (888 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Ok, thank you for your help. Something has come up where i might Inherit a more expensive computer soon, and I will send you the dxdiag report if I get it. Again, thank you for helping with this, and I will make a new post if I end up with the more expensive computer, which is likely.
Message 7 of 7 (656 Views)