Re: Will the Sims 4 [UK] bought online ignore regional lockout?

by vinegaria

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will the Sims 4 [UK] bought online ignore regional lockout?

★★★ Novice

I bought the game already via Origin. I'm based in Poland, and apparently that means I can only play the game in Polish, Czech and Russian, and I'm not allowed to legally play it in its original language. And playing it in Polish is a real pain. The only solution I found here was something like "we can refund the game if it's been less than 24 hours" although I bet I wouldn't get it just because of the language (and it's too late anyway). But I don't want to refund it, I want to find a legal way to play the Sims 4 in English.

Being unable to legally buy and play the game in its original version is frustrating to say the least.

However I've seen other online, legal shops selling the Sims 4, like Gamersgate. They sell what's labelled as UK version.

Do you know if the key bought there will ignore the lockout and let me play legally in English?

And will I be able to add second copy of the Sims 4 on Origin (as I already have the Polish version there)?

Please help Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (1,333 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice
Solved (though in a pricey way)! Replying here in case anyone has the same problem.

I caved in and bought boxed european edition.. and it works! Right now I have two Sims 4 games added to my Origin account, which looks silly. One is Origin's Polish Digital Deluxe and the second one is Multi-language regular one. And I basically have the game in English and I still have the deluxe stuff from Polish edition. Funny thing is - the european edition was even cheaper than Origin's regular, region-locked version. So I see no reasoning behind it (like I would if it was a cut version, but cheaper, for the poorer market to keep westerners from getting too low priced keys on Ebay).

To sum it up - it seems Origin digital keys will become region locked when activated, while a key from a boxed version allows you to install in the language version it came from. In my case - it was all languages available.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (1,389 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Keys won't help you much since the Origin store checks your IP.

Disc versions let you choose the languag on installation. Don't know which language is included on which disc

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,326 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks. From what I see some boxed versions indeed include both English and Polish. Any idea what happens if I add this one to my Origin account? I bought the digital copy with extras, I'm wondering if they'll remain? And will it work or will it tell me I already own the game?

Message 3 of 5 (1,321 Views)

Hero

I can't give you any guarantees (don't work for EA) but you should be able to just install the disc version with the already activated version. Stay offline to install then go online to activate computer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,314 Views)

★★★ Novice
Solved (though in a pricey way)! Replying here in case anyone has the same problem.

I caved in and bought boxed european edition.. and it works! Right now I have two Sims 4 games added to my Origin account, which looks silly. One is Origin's Polish Digital Deluxe and the second one is Multi-language regular one. And I basically have the game in English and I still have the deluxe stuff from Polish edition. Funny thing is - the european edition was even cheaper than Origin's regular, region-locked version. So I see no reasoning behind it (like I would if it was a cut version, but cheaper, for the poorer market to keep westerners from getting too low priced keys on Ebay).

To sum it up - it seems Origin digital keys will become region locked when activated, while a key from a boxed version allows you to install in the language version it came from. In my case - it was all languages available.
Message 5 of 5 (1,390 Views)