Re: Will my origin sims connect with my steam sims?

by roberta591

Original Post

Will my origin sims connect with my steam sims?

★★★ Newbie

So, the big Steam-Origin question again... See, I didn't find an answer for my Q on other posts...

The thing is, I have bought, downloaded and played The Sims3 through Steam, but many of the expantion packs are only on origin, and not steam.. So I wonder, if I buy and download through Origin, will they mesh up with my steam runned sims? Or do I have to uninstall from steam, and download through origin to play the expansion packs? I've added my steam games to my origin library by CD-code, if that helps...

Hope you understand what I'm asking, and that you can answer... Hope I don't have to install through origin, because I really love this one family im playing at the moment...

Message 1 of 2 (201 Views)

Re: Will my origin sims connect with my steam sims?

Hero (Retired)

@SagaTheWhite97  The problem is the Steam version installs differently then the Origin version (EA). You can take the Steam code and redeem that code in Origin. As the two install differently I would guess you have to install Origin and then play under Origin or install Steam and play under Steam. I use both Steam and Origin on the same computer but I play sims games on Origin and Tobraiser games and Fallout under Steam with no problems.

Message 2 of 2 (184 Views)