Re: Will my Sims 4 game ever expire?

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will my Sims 4 game ever expire?

★ Novice

Hello!

So, recently, I was wondering if my Sims 4 game would ever just expire. When I purchased the game on Origin (this March), it asked me the date for when something would expire. Now, I can't remember if the date was to be set for when I wanted my game to expire or when my credentials to expire. I set it as sometime in 2020, but I'm wondering if that was a mistake because I could've set it for like 2021 or sometime way after that so I could play for longer. Has anyone else had to set an expiration date while purchasing the game through Origin? What was it for, and will my game expire?

I'm hoping it's not when my game expires, because it seems rather strange that Origin would just let me set when I wanted it to expire while paying the same amount for any time.

Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 4 (2,376 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Hi @cabin237 

if you bought the game (and didn't get it through Origin Access or Origin Access Premiere), the game will not expire. It's yours to keep.

Only scenario what MIGHT pose an issue is that EA goes bankrupt and no one takes over their games :D

I can't remember any such setting to set an expiry date for anything but I made my account a long time ago. Maybe it was your password so you need to reset that after a while.

So, long answer short

- Game will not expire unless you got a subscription through Origin Acces/Origin Access Premiere for which you pay a monthly fee. If you did that, the game will no longer be yours as soon as you cancel your subscription.

Hope that answers your question.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,346 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @cabin237 

if you bought the game (and didn't get it through Origin Access or Origin Access Premiere), the game will not expire. It's yours to keep.

Only scenario what MIGHT pose an issue is that EA goes bankrupt and no one takes over their games :D

I can't remember any such setting to set an expiry date for anything but I made my account a long time ago. Maybe it was your password so you need to reset that after a while.

So, long answer short

- Game will not expire unless you got a subscription through Origin Acces/Origin Access Premiere for which you pay a monthly fee. If you did that, the game will no longer be yours as soon as you cancel your subscription.

Hope that answers your question.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (2,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey Crin!

Thank you so much! But I do have one question. While I don't pay a monthly fee for Origin or the Sims 4, I did buy it through Origin. Does that make a difference? I don't have Origin Access, so like you said, I don't think the game will expire. 

Thanks again! I'm still really new to Sims and the TS4 is the first sims game I've ever bought, so still getting used to it :/

Message 3 of 4 (2,302 Views)

Hero

Sounds like you bought the game, so yes. It's yours. No worries.

Should it ever disappear from your library, it's usually cause you logged in with the wrong account or because the game was bought with a shady keyseller.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (2,271 Views)