Will i lose my packs if i uninstall TS4?

by Rockdodge22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will i lose my packs if i uninstall TS4?

★★★ Novice

I'm about to get a new laptop soon but i wanted to check before i buy it if i uninstall sims 4 off my current laptop and then install origin on my laptop and reinstall TS4 will all of my packs still be there because i have quite a lot and i don't want to lose them. i know that i need to move the sims 4 folder in the electronic arts folder to be able to keep all my mods and saves but i want to know if my packs will still be there.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5 (841 Views)

Accepted Solution

Dot.: Will i lose my packs if i uninstall TS4?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Rockdodge22

Your games are in your Origin account and you can download them from there to any computer.
1. Download Origin to a new computer from here:
http://origin.com/download
2. Log in to your account, go to Origin / My Game Library and click on the game's cover - you will have the Download option.

Edit: 

Don't paste the entire old The Sims 4 folder to the new computer.

First, you need to start the game on the new computer, then delete the Saves, Tray, and Mods folders from the new game folder and paste your old ones in their place.

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (830 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Rockdodge22

Your games are in your Origin account and you can download them from there to any computer.
1. Download Origin to a new computer from here:
http://origin.com/download
2. Log in to your account, go to Origin / My Game Library and click on the game's cover - you will have the Download option.

Edit: 

Don't paste the entire old The Sims 4 folder to the new computer.

First, you need to start the game on the new computer, then delete the Saves, Tray, and Mods folders from the new game folder and paste your old ones in their place.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 5 (831 Views)

★★★ Novice

So when I have the download option will that download all the packs along with it or will it just download base game and I have to manually install my packs.

Sorry if I sound stupid I’m just making sure🥰x

Message 3 of 5 (819 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Rockdodge22

That will download everything
Message 4 of 5 (815 Views)

★★★ Novice
@kreatora Thank you so much for the help I really appreciate it
Message 5 of 5 (813 Views)