Re: Will downloaded custom contents affect TS3 performances in a negative way?

by Ayamjago56

Original Post

Will downloaded custom contents affect TS3 performances in a negative way?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm just planning to download house lots made by the sims community but will if affect the game if theres much ccs involved?

Message 1 of 5 (317 Views)

★★★ Guide

If you only download lots, I think it's totally fine if you don't place it. But if you download CC clothes, it might be randomized by NPC's and might turn out weird. For security and safety, it's genuinely okay. 

Message 2 of 5 (305 Views)

@Ayamjago56  It is entirely possible to download a lot that includes bad custom content and have that cc affect your saves or the performance of your game overall.  The amount oc doesn't matter so much as the quality of it, as in, whether it causes any issues.  You also don't need to place the lots for the bad cc to have an effect.

The best way to protect your saves is to install new lots, or any new downloads, in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts, open the launcher to spawn a new one, and install the lots there.  Go through the launcher's Installed Content tab looking for any cc you didn't mean to install.  Then open your game and test all the new content.  If everything looks fine, you can delete the new Sims 3 folder, put the old one back in Documents\Electronic Arts, and install the content there.  If one of the lots is a problem in any way, you know not to add it to your main user folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (276 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Do residential lots from the sims 3 exchange gallery involves houses that have ccs in it?

Message 4 of 5 (256 Views)

@Ayamjago56  Lots on the Exchange can definitely include custom content, although many do not.  The Exchange doesn't filter cc out of uploads, so you're always taking a risk.

However, if you install a lot in a clean folder, and you don't see any extra cc listed in the launcher's Installed Content tab, that means the lot is clean (no cc), and you don't have to worry about adding it to your game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (245 Views)